Monday, May 13, 2013

NOTD: Metallic Tips

My inspiration for today's manicure comes from Lauren Conrad's recent blog post on Mixed Media Manicure. In the tutorial, Team LC used a coral polish and Essie Penny Talk, with a matte top coat. I put my own spin on this great look by opting to replace the matte top coat with a shiny one, but if you prefer matte polishes, check out the post on LC's blog for more details. 






What You'll Need:
  • Two Polishes
  • Base Coat/ Top Coat Polish
  • Tape

Polishes I used:
  • OPI Dress to Empress
  • Essie Penny Talk (See it in my previous NOTD)
  • Clear Top Coat










How To:
  1. Apply a base coat.
  2. Apply two coats of the color of your choice. I used OPI Dress to Empress.
  3. Allow nails to dry completely.
  4. Apply strips of tape to each nail, leaving about 1/3rd of the nail exposed (the tip).
  5. Paint the exposed part of the nail with the coordinating color. I used Essie Penny Talk.
  6. Allow polish to dry.
  7. Carefully remove tape from each nail.
  8. Apply top coat.
  9. Admire your beautiful manicure! 
*If you have a steady hand, try to free hand the tips.


OPI Dress to Empress and Essie Penny Talk


Let me know what you think? Is this a look that you'll want to try to welcome the warmer months?


9 comments:

  1. Oooh I love that color combo! I'm gonna have to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do! I'd love to see a picture :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love that color combo! I'm gonna have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Nikki! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! So elegant and classy!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I did feel really elegant with this polish look.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.