Friday, May 3, 2013

NOTD: Criss-Cross Diagonal Tips

This criss-cross diagonal tip nail look is crisp and fun for the spring and summer months! My mom showed me a nail look in one of her magazines with a single diagonal tip. I thought it looked great, but wanted to take it one step further, so I added an additional diagonal stripe.



You'll Need: 
  • 3 Polish Colors - A base and two colors for the tips. 
  • Tape
  • Top Coat 

My Polish Selection:

 
How To:
  1. Polish your entire nail with the base color of your choice. I used OPI Bubble Bath
  2. Allow base to dry completely (very important).
  3. Apply small pieces of tap diagonally across the tip of each nail (in the same direction). 
  4. Polish the exposed tip with one of your tip colors. I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
  5. Allow to dry completely and carefully removed tape.
  6. Apply small pieces of tape diagonally across the tip of each nail in the opposite direction as before.
  7. Polish the exposed tip with your second tip color. I used Essie Tart Deco.
  8. Allow polish to dry completely and carefully remove tape. 
  9. Apply top coat if you'd like, then admire your work!

*If you have a steady hand you can skip the tape and free-hand your diagonal stripes.



Let me know in the comments what you think of this nail look. What color combo would you use?





14 comments:

  1. that looks so great! love the coral and white combination, really lovely for spring

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The coral and white do look very spring-y

      Delete
  2. Hi Nikki, this is a great manicure, not easy to do so accurately. Great for upcoming summer. Thank you for a nice comment. I also joined your beautiful blog!Let's keep in touch ;o)
    Have a great weekend!
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I want to try with neon nail polish :)

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neon would be so fun, especially for summer!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been really loving this look.

      Delete
  5. love it! SHall we follw let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to visit your blog now.

      Delete
  6. great post :)love your blog, would you like to follow eachother? why dont you follow me through gfc and blog lovin and let me know :) ill definitely follow back!

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I'll check out your blog now.

      Delete
  7. Love this!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I watched your Nail Polish video today on YouTube. I almost picked up Essie First Timer, now I'm regretting passing it up.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.