Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Makeup Haul & Sale Alert!

CVS is currently having their Spring Beauty Clearance Sale. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter then you already got the reminder that at CVS, select beauty products are marked down 50% and 75% off their original price! 

Not all clearance items are marked. Some stores do a great job marking a majority, if not all, of those clearance items. Then there are other stores that mark NOTHING. If you do a little research before heading to CVS, you can cut down on your search time. I found G's Beauty Clearance Sale Master List, on Nouveau Cheap, to be very helpful. If you're unsure if something's on clearance, price check it!

Clockwise From Left: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black Shimmer, Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart, L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Shadow in Beige Brocart, CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Sands, CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black,
CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light, and Maybelline Color Show Polish in Carbon Frost Shredded


While I was across town at an eye doctor appointment this week, I decided to stop into a CVS by the office since the one near to me normally has a terrible selection. It was a good idea in theory, except I didn't factor in having my eyes dilated! I had to wear my sunglasses in the store and reading labels was next to impossible; everything was blurry and out of focus.

Not all of the clearance items were marked at this particular CVS, but a lot were. It made things so much easier and I was able to purchase some great items at a mega discount, and the woman working the register was very nice and helpful too. 

I should have left it at that, but I decided to stop into the CVS by my house. I don't know why I was surprised; they didn't have any clearance items marked, and the staff had no idea what clearance sale I was referring to. Since I couldn't see well enough to read labels and find the products on my wishlist (based on G's Master list), I left that store empty handed. I don't understand how CVS stores vary so much from one location to another. It shouldn't be so inconvenient to spend money at a store. Okay, my little rant is over. 


On to the Haul!


Clockwise From Left: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black Shimmer, Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart, Maybelline Color Show Polish in Carbon Frost Shredded, and CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light

CVS Beauty Clearance Sale Items:

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black Shimmer
This wasn't marked with a sticker, but was 75% off select colors (Black Shimmer and Blackened Brown). There is currently a $1 off coupon any Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara on Coupons.com. I forgot to print it out before, but I plan on purchasing a second mascara (for my mom) using the coupon, which should bring it down to $1.19! 

Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart

Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart
This is my first Lip Butter! It was 75% off and there were 3 shades (who's names I couldn't read) marked at the store: a lilac shade, a caramel shade, and Cherry Tart (a red shade). 

Maybelline Color Show Polish in Carbon Frost Shredded
Oops... I thought I was buying a black polish. I didn't see that this was a shatter or "shredded" polish until I got it home. This polish was 50% off and there were other colors available. I'll try to exchange/return this out for another. I decided to include this in the haul so you all know there are lots of polishes marked on clearance; I know we all love nail polish!

CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light
I like the idea of eye cream and concealer all in one because I usually forget to use an eye cream (I'm older then I look). This was 50% off and every shade had a sticker on it. Most face products only have select skin tone/shades on clearance, so this makes me wonder if they'll be phasing out this product completely. Has anyone heard anything? 


Clockwise From Left: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Black, CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Sands, and L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Shadow in Beige Brocart

Non Clearance Items:

CoverGirl Clump Crusher in Black
This was on my Mascara Wishlist and I can't wait to try it (once my current mascara is done). Which reminds me...would anyone be interested in a Products I've Used Up Post?

CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Sands
I know this product has had mixed reviews, but I included it in my Eye Products Wishlist. One of my friends has purchased it repeatedly and loves it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll let you all know, in a future post, what I think once I've tested it for myself.

L'Occitane Fleur Cherie in Beige Brocart
I purchased this recently, although not at CVS, but it's getting grouped in with this Makeup Haul. I'm excited to begin using this brown and gold duo eye shadow from L'Occitane. You may recognize the name, they make amazing hand cream and skin care products, but they also carry beautiful makeup (check out my L'Occitane listings for more info). 


Have you found any great deals at the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale, or are there any items on your wishlist for when you check it out? 

Also, remember to let me know in the comments, if you'd like to see a Products I've Used Up Post. If so, I'll just have to get in the habit of saving my empties!


14 comments:

  1. I wish I wasn't on a no buy! 75% off lip butter and clump crusher sounds awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much longer are you doing the no buy for? The clearance may still be going on in June.

      Delete
  2. Great haul Nikki!! Let me know what you think of the concealer!! I really like it!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used it a few times, but I'm impressed! I really hope they don't stop making this.

      Delete
  3. I've tried the revlon grow luscious before and really liked it! Hope you do too! I also can't wait for the review on the eye cream/concealer!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you liked it! That makes me feel really confident, especially because I did get one for my mom too.

      I know I just started using the eye concealer but I'm loving it! I want to use it a little longer to make sure I don't have any reaction before putting up a full review, but I'll get it up soon.

      Delete
  4. Great post! I have a new post up as well and it would be cool if you can be supportive and check it out and comment. Follow if you like my blog and tell me and I will follow back.
    http://livelove-erika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. Checked out your blog and I'm following you now :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Nikki.
    I like your haul, I would love to try the covergirl mascara and the lipbutters are so cheap while on sale :))
    I also really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe how in expensive everything is right now.
      I'd be happy to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. Great haul! I love the trio Shimmering Sands from Covergirl! And I think you'll like it too :)

    http://asianhomie101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really been loving it, the colors are so pretty.

      Delete
  7. Great haul! I always miss this huge sale!
    Trying to get 150 followers... Follow me????? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just double checked, I started follow you a while ago.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.