Friday, May 10, 2013

L'Oreal Professional Volumetry Shampoo & Conditioner

I've been sampling a new volume shampoo and conditioner from L'Oreal Professional's new Volumetry line. My mom (my hair stylist) gave me the sample pack to test out because it's designed for fine hair- like mine. I believe the line has already launched in the UK and it's just now starting to release here in the US. It will be available in salons that carry L'Oreal Professional Products. 

L'Oreal Professional Volumetry Shampoo and Conditioner Sample Pack. I didn't think to take a picture before opening and using. 

The Science Behind the Line: 

Shampoo:
The Volumetry Shampoo contains Salicylic Acid and HydraLight. The salicylic acid is used to cut through product and oil buildup to clarify the scalp. When the hair isn't weighted down by a bunch of gunk, it's left with more volume. As for the HydraLight, I understand it to be a weightless moisturizer that will hydrate the hair without weighing it down.

Conditioner:
The Volumetry Conditioner contains Intra-Cylane and HydraLight. Intra-Cylane is designed to leave hair feeling thicker because it injects material into the hair. Fine hair is left with added volume. Again, HydraLight is used to moisturize hair without weighing it down.


My Thoughts:

Let me start off by saying this product smells amazing! If you like Mojitos then you will most likely love the scent of this shampoo. It smells like fresh mint leaves being muddled at the bottom of a glass with freshly squeezed citrus. 

This shampoo lathers up! It's almost insane how little shampoo it takes to create this much lather. So keep that in mind- a little goes a long way. This thick lather really made me feel like my hair was getting a good cleaning. 

I followed up with the conditioner, applying only to the "ponytail" part of my hair. The conditioner is thick and felt very rich. I finger combed though my ends and noticed how silky my hair felt. I left the conditioner on my hair while I finished showering, and then rinsed. 

After my hair dried, it still smelled amazing. I also noticed how light weight it seemed. I definitely noticed more volume. My roots were more lifted than normal.

I can see this shampoo being used once a week by any hair type as a clarifying shampoo or more frequently (I shampoo every other day) by people with fine hair. 

Key Points: 
  • Smells Great
  • Lathers Nicely
  • Clarifying Shampoo
  • Rich Conditioner
  • Lightweight Moisturizing Formula
  • Added Volume
  • Scent that Stays
  • Clean, Lightweight Hair

I'd recommend this to anyone, but specifically those:
  • with Fine Hair
  • wanting more Volume
  • looking for Clarifying Shampoo/Conditioner

I will defiantly purchase the full size version of both the shampoo and conditioner and I'm interested to see what other products will be available in the Volumetry Serie Expert Line. I looked at L'Oreal Professional UK's website, and they show two other products in the line; one may be similar to a dry shampoo- I'd be interested in checking that out!

What are your major hair concerns (fine, volume, color treated, curly, moisturizing, etc)? Let me know in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I think the scent sounds amazing!!!

    Thanks for sharing Nikki!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great product, I use it myself!! if you don't mind please check my blog out, I'm just starting out, thanks!

    http://sunniesandcupcakes@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you like it to! Of course I'd love to check out your blog.
      Just a heads up it's .blogspot I want to make sure other people are able to get to your site :) http://sunniesandcupcakes.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. is it okay for color treated hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I don't normally color treat my hair, but I know others that use it and who color treat there hair and thy don't have any problems with it affecting their color. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.