Monday, May 6, 2013

Face Of The Day: Soft Smokey Eye

I recently mentioned in my Beauty Blogger Tag post that I don't usually leave the house without full face makeup. What exactly constitutes full face makeup though? This will certainly vary from one person to another. It can also vary from day to day or day into night, depending on what you may be doing.


Clockwise From Top Left: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation- Ivory, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- Translucent, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Concealer- Fair, Forever21 Love & Beauty Blush, ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit- Medium, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid- On Fire Red, Maybelline Color Tattoo- Tough as Taupe, Bodyography Eye Shadow- Creamsicle, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes


When I wear full face makeup it usually consists of foundation, concealer (if needed), pressed powder, blush, brow powder (if needed), at least one eye shadow, mascara, and a lip product. Everything else is optional and/or time permitting.


Today's Face of the Day (FOTD):
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Concealer in Fair
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent- Check out my Stay Matte review
  • Forever 21 Love & Beauty Blush
  • ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium- Check out my Brow Kit review
  • Bodyography Eye Shadow in Creamsicle
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe- Check out my Color Tattoo review
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes 
  • Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid in On Fire Red



    I created a smokey/smudged look along my lash line using Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. This adds some definition and fullness to my lashes, while remaining appropriate for daytime. This was a quick (and almost effortless) makeup look that's full faced enough for me to feel at my best today while I'm out and about.

    What do you consider to be full face make up? Does your view on it change depending on the time of day or what you're doing? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.



    10 comments:

    1. This is a gorgeous makeup look! If you substituted the bright red lipstick with a more nude/pink one, you could pull this off as a more fresh natural look :) Your lashes look so full with volume, I am so jealous! I agree with your definition of full faced makeup- it is the whole lot with foundation, eye makeup and with the inclusion of blush, highlighter and contouring.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I'm really liking the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes; it really gives a full lash effect.

        Delete
    2. Beautiful look girl! I love how the red lipstick adds a nice pop of elegance! xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Lauren! I've been loving wearing this red lipstick for just that reason. It's so classic.

        Delete
    3. you should do more of these types of post they're so fun :)

      xoxo rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I will! I like reading these and it was fun to do.

        Delete
    4. Gorgeous look! I really liked this post. Hope to see more like this!

      Making It Sparkle

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! :) I'm glad you liked it, I will defiantly do more of these in the future.

        Delete
    5. I Love the lip butter! You look gorgeous :) x

      http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

    Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.