Friday, May 24, 2013

Face Of The Day: Neutral Eye with a Pop!

I'm back with another Face Of The Day (FOTD). I had several comments on my last FOTD post saying that I should do more, so I thought I'd share with you my makeup for today. I've been testing out a few new products I purchased and hauled this week- see if you're able to spot them.



Products Used for Today's FOTD:
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory 
  • Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination/Oily in Ivory (used as a spot concealer) 
  • CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent (Check out full review)
  • Forever 21 Love & Beauty Blush in Pink 
  • ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium (Check out full review) 
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige (Check out full review) 
  • CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands 
  • LOUD! Eye Liner Pencil in Teal (Honestly, unsure of the brand and there is no color name listed)
  • Elf Smokey Palette- I mixed the Teal and the Blue together (see picture above to see shadows used) 
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes 
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart

 The Look Created:
My eye look today is a simple, shimmery, neutral eye with a pop of color along the lower lash line. This is a popular trend and I think it's a great look to transition into the warmer months of the summer. It's just so fun!

I went with that pop of teal blue under my lower lash line to coordinate with my top and earrings, but if you want to recreate this look, don't be afraid to use a different shade/color. Have fun with it; pick a color that best suites you, your mood, outfit, eyes, etc. 



Have you tried this look or something similar? Let me know what you think of it and what your favorite makeup trend is. 

 

17 comments:

  1. You look lovely!
    I love your eye make up! Its beautiful!
    Revlon nearly naked foundation is next of my shopping list!

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so nice of you to say!
      I've been loving Revlon Nearly Naked. It doesn't cover all my blemishes, but it evens out my skin, feels light, and wears nice all day.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look! I love the pop of color underneath the eye!!
    I defs wants to try that concealer!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pop is so fun. I usually go with purple, but the teal just adds something more!
      I'm already thinking about how to take pictures of just how great this concealer is for review... So the wheels are in motion.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Haha I can't wait! We should try to work on a colab post sometime. Thoughts?

      Delete
    3. That could be a lot of fun! You can send me an email though the "Contact" button in the tool bar at the top of the page and we can talk more about it!

      Delete
  3. Hi, thank you for visit and following.
    I follow you now too.
    Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look you look so pretty.

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrieanne! That's so sweet.

      Delete
  5. I tried to recreate this look today!! I used the NYX retractable waterproof eyeliner in green aqua and paired it with a sandy/brown eye! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm going to check it out now!

      Delete
    2. I instagrammed it for you! Will be on the blog later this week :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! <3 The green gives it such a nice pop of color!
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree. I use purple a lot but this pretty teal is a nice change and really stands out.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.