Friday, May 31, 2013

CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer

I'll be honest, while CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer was on my wishlist, I was a little skeptical about how well it would work. When I saw it on clearance for 50% off at CVS during there Spring Clearance Sale (see my haul), I decided that there was no better time to put it to the test! 


This creamy concealer is swirled with Olay Regenerist Serum and claims to suspend itself over fine lines. Sounds great right? I have only a couple fine lines around my eyes, but it's never too early to take preventative measure from getting more, right? One of the beauty regimens I suck at is regularly applying eye cream, so I think having an under eye concealer with an eye cream mixed in will be perfect for me.

The first time wearing CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer I spent most of my day outside, in 90 degree weather. It's really unfair to test any makeup in high heat and humidity, but it's Florida, whatcha gonna do? The fact that this concealer not only stayed on my face, but stayed in place all day is very impressive! In fact, after over 12 hrs it still looked like it did when I first applied it. How is that even possible? 


Top: No concealer
Middle: Side by side comparison. Concealer only under my left eye (your right).
Bottom: Concealer under both eyes.

The next day, I decided to pay closer attention when applying my concealer and really take notice to any transforming effects it would have on my skin. Here's what I noticed:
  • It canceled out my dark insomniac circles.
  • Brightened my under eye area.
  • Was moisturizing, without feeling oily.
  • Smoothed out those two lines under my eye area.
  • Gave a natural finish, not shiny, or overly matte- just perfect.
  • Minimized the heck out of my pores.


Read this if you have Fine Lines:
I noticed that this concealer minimized my pores to the point of looking pore-less. When making a triangle of concealer coverage under my eye and along my nose to cover (particularly bad) under eye circles, I saw pores along my nose disappear. I didn't believe it, so I repeated on the other side, paying closer attention. Sure enough, my gigantic pores disappeared like magic. If CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer has this effect at filling in and erasing pores, can you only imagine what it can do for fine lines?

Left: Without concealer, notice those fine lines and pores (ahh!)
Right: With concealer, fine lines and pores minimized (heck yeah!)



Have you tried CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer? If so, what are you're thoughts? In the comments, let me know what your favorite concealer is or what you've been wanting to try.


14 comments:

  1. I knew it looked great when I tried it, but its still really great to see all the side by side close ups to really compare how well it does work.

    Really great, detailed review!!!

    Making It Sparkle

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I'm so glad you've been liking it! I love before and after pictures. I'm all about seeing what things can do :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic review! I'm so tempted to run out and buy this concealer now...even though I have about 5 concealers.... But... I love trying new things! Oh the dilemma lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! I'm the same way. Maybe when you used up one you can get another without feeling guilty.

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this! I think this is just the push I needed to go out and buy it!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is this concealer compared to higher end concealers (like MAC, Tarte, LauraMercier, etc)? I've never tried a drugstore concealer and I have super dark circles. I'll def have to check this one out!

    xoxo
    Essie
    DeJour06

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question, but funny enough I've never tried a high end concealer. However, I've decided this is my favorite under eye concealer I've ever used. It lasts all day on me, feels great and looks great, cancels out darkness, and brightens up my eye area.

      Delete
  5. I bought this on your recommendation and I've not been disappointed. It's very smooth and creamy and does an amazing job concealing while also serving as a lasting foundation (hides my red blotches/blemishes while evening everything else out). Nice product, and Target had it for 12.99 which is reasonable for a foundation/concealer, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are liking it! I'm going to have my mom test it this week to see how it works for her and I'm sure she will be hooked :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After so many people raving about this product, I more than once picked it up before putting it back down. But reading your review and seeing the comparison on pore-coverage before and after concealer really makes me want to actually get the product! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it. Since writing this review I've actually started using the concealer on my blemishes, not just my under eyes and it's working perfectly and lasting all day.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.