Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Favorites

This month has flown by! I feel that has been a common theme with every month this year. I just can't believe it's already May - crazy! I tried several new products in April and I found new favorites that I love and want to share them with you!      

Clockwise from Top Left: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid in On Fire Red, L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush, and  L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Makeup:
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent- I've been using this almost the entire month and I've been impressed with this powder. It gives a nice finish and has a good amount of coverage. I just did a review of it if you'd like more information.

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid in On Fire Red- I'm loving this color! This lipstick is so bold, but it's also classic. It works for me when I want something more dramatic on my lips when I'm wearing a simple eye look. I'll do a full review on this soon to provide more info and a swatch.

L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush- I love how pigmented this shadow is and the color is amazing. I have it in Amber Rush which is a beautiful rose gold color; it makes my hazel eyes pop!

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes- This is another product that I'll do a full review on, but for now, just know that I've been loving it and loving my voluminous, feathery lashes.


 Essie Penny Talk


Polish:
Essie Penny Talk- I've had this on my nails almost the entire month (I've repainted them a few times). I've been hooked on this color! I think it looks great with my skin tone and is neutral enough to go with anything. Check out my NOTD: Essie Penny Talk post to see it on my nails. 

Bath & Body Works Cooling Mist in Orange Sapphire
 
Fragrance:
Bath & Body Works Cooling Mist in Orange Sapphire- I love this orange citrus scent; it's light and fresh. I find I'm in such a good mood every time I use it.


Song:
Muse- Madness- How many times can I possibly listen to this song? I love it! If you wanna take a listen, here's the official music video on YouTube.


 
What was your favorites for April?



18 comments:

  1. I really want to buy that Stay Matte powder from Rimmel. But I am on a no buy May :( I've been using a Neutrogena Oil Control powder which doesnt make sense because my skin is ultra dry! Next month though, for sure! The Vivid Collection colors are so bright! I'm still kind of shy about bold lipsticks but I am getting there. Because on other people they don't look so bright, I'm just overly critical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No buy... I'll have to do that one month... just not this month :P
      I like the Stay Matte because it controls shine where I need it, but it doesn't leave me looking dry on other areas of my face (that aren't oily).
      For bold lipsticks- try patting them on instead of swiping. You may like how that looks better, it seems less intense to me.

      Delete
  2. ahhh WOW! That Essie Polish is amazing :)
    It's so darn pretty :)

    Loevly post & your blog is great too - New Follower.

    I just posted my April Favourites too if you want to check it out :)

    Love Em, from www.dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I can't wait to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for your posts every monday,wednesday,friday :) you blog is amazing :) keep up the good work!!!

    btw, question on your post when I click on your post it says read more and the bottom how do you do that? if that made any sense what so ever HAHA!

    xx rorolovesbeauty.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say.

      As for splitting your post: when creating/editing a post you will see along the tool bar: Link, Picture Icon, Video Icon, and a Torn Page Icon. Select the Torn Page Icon (technical name: Insert Jump Break) when you're at the point in your post where you want "Read More" to appear. It will insert a gray line so you know where it will break. This can be moved around if you change your mind later. Anything above that line will show up on the main page anything below the line will only be visible when you click "Read More" or the Post Title.

      Delete
  4. i really want to try out the vivids.! i need to swatch 'fire red' i love a good bold lippy.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crazy about the color. When I do the review I'll be sure to include a swatch.

      Delete
  5. Ahh, I love that lipstick!! Such a great brand too xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I was thinking it wouldn't live up to the hype... it's even better than people let on! :)

      Delete
  6. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and the follow! Of course I loved to follow you back on gfc and bloglovin!
    Happy to be your 70th follower on gfc!

    Love,
    Lory xoxo

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lory for being #70! :)

      Delete
  7. I bought that pressed powder because of you! Hahah I'm really liking it so far and I find it has a slight scent to it. It smells really good!! Is that weird haha.

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! I'm so glad I'm an enabler! It's funny now that you mention it, it does have a slight scent to it. I only really notice scents if they are offensive or incredible. When makeup has a nice light makeup scent it's almost like no scent at all in my mind.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I tend not to really notice (or be bothered by) the scent of lip products. I always hear people talking about how something smells minty or vanilla-y and then I go smell that lip product and realize, oh yeah it does kind of. I really like the pressed powder though! I will defs be trying some more of your recommendations. I'm thinking the maybelline vivids need to next.

      Delete
    3. Speaking of, the Maybelline Vivids smell amazing! It's like a cherry vanilla. Yum.

      Delete
  8. Amber Rush is an amazing color from that collection!!

    Great post!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was another color I wanted, I think Iced Mocha? but I can't remember. Regardless, I couldn't be happier with Amber Rush. As a fellow Green-eyed Girly I'm sure you know how amazing it makes green eyes look :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.