Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara

I've been using Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara off and on for a couple years. I like trying new mascaras (don't we all?), but I keep going back to Mega Length. There are 10 reasons why this simple navy blue tube has won a place as a mascara staple in my makeup collection. (Picture of mascara used included- "Read More")


10 Reasons Why I Love Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara:
  1. It gives AMAZING length! 
  2. The brush separates the lashes. So while there's length, there also is volume.
  3. Clump free formula
  4. Work-able/ Build-able Formula. It's wet enough that you have time to build it up (if you desire) without it looking gross. 
  5. Holds a curl.
  6. Doesn't transfer to the eyelids or under eye- no mascara meltdown with this one. 
  7. Doesn't flake during the day. I rub my eyes a lot during the day because I have dry eyes, so having mascara that doesn't transfer or flake is a biggie. Raccoon eyes are only cute on woodland animals.
  8. Removes easily at the end formula of the day. I purchase only the regular formula- I'm not sure how difficult the waterproof is to remove.
  9. It's inexpensive, so there's room in my budget for more makeup! 
  10. Available at drugstores, thus readily available (as opposed to only being available at Sephora or department store counters) 
  11. Bonus!! There isn't a strong odor. This is another big one for me. There are other mascaras that I really love the result, but can't use because the smell makes me sick and gives me a headache. If you have a sensitivity to smells like me, this mascara should be safe for you to use.

The Brush

I mentioned above that the mascara's brush separates lashes, however, I wanted to go into more detail about it because it's fairly unique. The brush is more like a comb; it has short, firm silicone bristles on the mascara wand. With a little wiggle of the wand, the brush combs through the lashes, separating each one to provide a full, clump free effect. 

I recommend taking your time when applying this mascara. You'll need to get the wand much closer to your eye to apply the mascara because the bristles on this wand are so short (and most likely unlike any wand you've used before). I have to apply all mascara (regardless of the wand) with care because, if I rush, I will poke my eye out.

Mascara in action: Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara

I think it's safe to say that I'd recommend this mascara, but just in case, Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara is a favorite of mine and if you've ever been curious you should try it for yourself! 

What's your favorite mascara that you keep going back to time and time again? I'd love to hear from you in the comments and I may add your favorites to my wishlist to try in the future. 

18 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this mascara. Great post!

    I find it really hard to be faithful to one mascara and I can't say that I have a specific one I go back to, but I think that L'oreal does a really great job of comparing to higher end brands!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super hard to stick to one when they are always coming out with new ones! I'm using a L'oreal mascara now (the names not coming to mind -it's gold lol). It's my first time using a L'oreal mascara and I love the look, but it does flake a bit -I need to learn to stop rubbing my eyes!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like there are so many positives to this mascara and it looks great you can definitely tell there is a focus on extra length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lengthening mascaras. My lashes use to be really, really long when I was younger, but over time have become lighter and shorter. Once I put on a lengthening mascara I feel more myself again.

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! Right now I'm obsessed with Maybelline the Rocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is talking about the Rocket! I want to try it, but I keep deciding against it because Mabelline mascaras generally smell too strong for me :( which sucks because they usually do an amazing job!

      Delete
  4. Wow, it looks like it does a great job for your eyes! Might try it out for myself(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a shot. I believe I usually spend $4 on it. I actually went to the store this week to pick up another tube and they were all sold out :( I'll have to stop into another drugstore.

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more about this award on my blog at http://modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-3.html

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Athena! I'll check it out now :)

      Delete
  6. Hi :)

    Amazing blog. Would you like to follow each other?

    let me know! <3


    www.POLINEFASHION.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, of course I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  7. It's a nice post! I like it! Great mascare! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like it too!

      Delete
  8. lovely choice :) keep up the nice work!

    Miss Renaaye

    http://missrenaaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you and thanks for following!

      Delete
  9. I just got this, heard great things about it and am excited to try it out! I love length mascaras! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.