Monday, April 29, 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder


I have combo/oily skin and like to use a powder to help set my foundation and keep excess shine at bay in my trouble areas (the T zone) at bay. I purchased and hauled Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (in Transparent) at the beginning of April and have been using it for the majority of the month. I find that this powder has been helpful in cutting the shine where I need it to without making my face look dull and lifeless. Check out my Pros/Cons list for a straight to the point review!

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent



I'd like to share with you how I apply Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder because the application of a product can greatly affect the way makeup wears and looks throughout the day. First, I apply my foundation and then concealer to any spots (which usually fall within my T zone). I then use a pressed powder puff (not included with Rimmel Stay Matte) to press a light amount of powder onto those areas that I've concealed (to avoid looking cake-y). This method doesn't disrupt any of my previous work, but I still get extra coverage, lock in my concealer, and cut the shine in the exact places that I want to. Then, I take a large, fluffy face brush and apply (light handed) powder all over my face to set and blend everything together. My face has areas of luminosity while still cutting down on excess shine. My skin doesn't look oily, but it also doesn't look dry or fake.

If you prefer to just wear just powder, don't let the word Transparent fool you; this provides great coverage. There is currently 6 shades available however, there doesn't seem to be anything appropriate for darker skin tones.

When purchasing an inexpensive product there are sometimes trade offs made, often in the form of packaging. If you travel with your powder (ie. carry it in your makeup bag, purse, or take on a trip) be warned! This packaging can be problematic because the screw on lid doesn't always stay on securely. If it does pop off you may end up with broken powder everywhere. *My tip: When traveling with this compact, secure it by wrapping a rubber band around it (with the lid on). This could help prevent a makeup mess!

Pros:
Inexpensive
Great Coverage
Doesn't Cake
Cuts out Shine

Cons:
Packaging- Doesn't Close Securely
No Powder Puff
Not a Large Color Range

I'd definitely re-purchase Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder; it's been working out great for me. If you've tried this powder, let me know what you think of it or if you have a or a favorite pressed powder you'd recommend I try, let me know. 



12 comments:

  1. I just recently purchased this pressed powder in translucent too! I love how it doesn't look cakey and it gives such a natural finish, yet one that mattifies the face really well. I agree with you about the lid coming off, that is one problem I have with the powder! I like to use a powder brush with mine though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put off trying this for a while because I thought it would turn out looking cakey, but some how it just makes my skin look nice.

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a new powder, I love MAC, but I don't love the price. I might give this one a try. Thanks for the review!!!


    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used any Mac powder, but I have heard other people compare Stay Matte to a Mac powder- can't say for sure though if they are actually comparable. However, for the price- I'd say it's worth testing out.

      Delete
  3. When I want to reduce the shiny effect of BB cream I use this powder ( or Maybelline New York - Dream Mat Powder ). I am satisfied with them. :) ... I take it with me everywhere I go and I've never had a problem with them opening in my purse or makeup bag... at least not yet :)
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of good things about Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I think I will try that out at some point. Which one do you like more, Rimmel's or Maybelline's?

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this one out! Sounds good :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out next time your in the market for a powder! Thanks so much for following :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great review of the product! Thank you! You have a great blog!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd love to check out your blog.

      Delete
  6. I have just bought this powder and think it is so good at setting my makeup, especially as I have oily skin x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it's working for you, it works great on oily areas.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.