Monday, April 15, 2013

OOTD: Little Black Dress with Animal Print Belt

I want to start by saying this isn't technically my Outfit Of The Day... today. I wore this outfit over the weekend, took the pictures, and I'm now posting it today. That's okay, right?


It's been warm the past several days, to the point where wearing pants would be unbearable and simply out of the question. Hooray for dresses! 


GAP Black stretch cotton dress

This weekend, I wore a simple black cotton dress from GAP that is modestly cut and has simple button detailing on the shoulders. It's a really comfortable Little Black Dress (LBD) and I was able to wear it all day and into the night.

Coach Ocelot Ponytail Scarf

My dress is a little big on me at the moment so, I belted it to keep from looking like I'm swimming in it. If you have dresses that are a little too large or you're between sizes, try belting them. I wore my Coach ponytail scarf for my belt; it's one that I usually tie to my purse (seen in this OOTD), but thought it would work with this outfit. I LOVE the way it looks and how much it has changed up an otherwise simple dress; what do you think?


ELLE Tri-tone platform wedges

These tri-tone platform wedges by ELLE, from Kohls, gave me lots of height. Thanks to the ankle straps, I felt safe and secure walking in these shoes (even though I had to be at least 6" off the ground), and they helped me to feel amazing!

Steve Madden Tri-tone purse with gold detailing

I carried my Steve Madden tri-tone purse with gold detailing to coordinate with my shoes. I'm always surprised by how much this bag can hold.


Initial necklace, Gold stud earrings

Lastly, I finished off the look with very simple jewelry. I wore my gold stud earrings along with my gold initial necklace. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and this new week is off to a good start. I'm curious, what has the weather been like where you live?

 

12 comments:

  1. I love your OOTD'S you should do more.
    I love the pop of cheetah print too and the weges are amazing :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you love my OOTD; I love doing them!

      I couldn't stop checking out my wedges. I'm such a goober, a goober in amazing shoes, but a goober none the less :P

      Delete
  2. I am loving black and leopard print!!! That belt is fabulous..want one hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some skinny leopard print belts over the past few months, but some times you just need something a little wider for more impact.

      I got this scarf at Coach several months back, but keep your eyes open for something similar, just about anything can be fashioned into a belt.

      Delete
  3. Cute! I really like the leopard belt! Can't wait until its warm enough to wear stuff like this here!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! I'm loving the weather and the fact that I'm not shivering all the time. Hope it warms up for you real soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's one of my favorite parts too :)

      Delete
  5. Love your dress and wedges :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this outfit, you look great!
    I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other? if so, just tell me when you followed me on bloglovin' and Gfc and I'll immediately follow back! I'd love to keep in touch with you. :-)

    xx Lory
    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I'd love to check out your blog!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.