Friday, April 12, 2013

NOTD: Essie's Penny Talk

I've made mention of Essie's Penny Talk a lately. First it was in my Nail Polish Wishlist and then I hauled it in my Collective Beauty Haul. So today was the day to finally polish my nails with it! 

Essie Penny Talk

I'm so excited and impressed with this new shade. If you've been looking for the perfect rose gold nail polish, I recommend that you check this one out. 

Essie Penny Talk and CND Speedey

I have so many ideas in my head for future nail looks with this polish that I can share with you; I can't wait to try them. For my first use, I wanted to keep it simple and just enjoy my new polish for what it is. One coat of it gave me the desired coverage I wanted so I just needed to add a top coat for that little bit of extra shine. 

Rose gold polishes are a great metallic option for fair skin tones, like mine, but would be a nice complementary shade on just about anyone. 

What do you think of the metallic trend and my new rose gold polish?



16 comments:

  1. It looks great! I really like the metalic trend. I find the metalic nail polishes like that tend to have a longer wear time, which is always a plus in my books!! I recently bought a goldeny color from the new covergirl collection, but its not as pretty as yours haha.

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just painted my nails so I can't speak for how long it wears just yet, but I was amazed that one coat and I was done.

      Delete
  2. love this colour so much! i really don't suit plain gold and i want a nice rose gold so much

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first rose gold polish and I'm officially hooked!

      Delete
  3. I've been eyeing this color for forever, think I might have to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it :) I'm almost embarrassed by how many times I've stopped to admire my polish today!

      Delete
  4. Cute nail polish! The color is soo pretty!
    Follow me maybe? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna; I'd love to check out your blog!

      Delete
  5. Lovely shade, looks so pretty on! x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really am impressed by how nicely it looks.

      Delete
  6. I like it a lot!
    I think it's very pretty!
    I wish I had all sorts of ideas for nails like you! Haha I don't think I've painted my nails in like a year!!!
    lol I love it though!
    I like your blog...so maybe you'll inspire me!

    Morgan

    shortsleevedpants.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A year! WHOA!! :) Just kidding, that happens. I go through phases of painting regularly, followed by painting them with a simple color (like OPI Bubble Bath) or leaving them bare. Then, I'll see a blog post, video, or pin of someones nail polish and I'm back at it.

      I'm so glad that you're enjoying my blog and thanks so much for following!

      Delete
  7. WOW that's a beautiful shade, I love Essie polishes. I've been searching for a rose gold nail polish here in the UK & there hard to come by. I do love me some rose gold.

    www.maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having a hard time finding a rose gold too and had been looking for months. Now I can't stop wearing it!

      Delete
  8. pretty shade:)X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.