Monday, April 1, 2013

March Favorites

Once again, it's time for my monthly list of Favorites; I can't believe how quickly its gone by! In this post, I'll only be sharing never-before mentioned favorite products (or shades).  

Makeup:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Metallic Collection in Inked in Pink, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose


Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose- I listed this shade in my Lip Products Wishlist because I had wanted it for a long time. This month, I finally bought it and included it in my collective haul post. It was worth the wait. I couldnt e more pleased with this very classic, long-wearing shade... it's perfect! It's now with my daily makeup collection, and I have the shade Hibiscus in my purse. I'll have to remember to rotate them out so I can wear both of them in April. Check out my recent post for a full review and see swatches.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink- My obsession with Color Tattoo shadows continues! This month, I've found myself reaching for this pretty pin shade from the Metallic Collection. I wear it on its own, to it with neutrals, purples, or other pink shades. Check out my full review including swatches. 



Hair:
Artec Texture Hot Style Hot Volume Foam, ConAir Defuser

Artec Texture Hot Style Hot Volume Foam- This had been a favorite of mine for years, but it didn't work as well when my hair was very long. I kept a bottle stashed away, and now that my hair is shorter, I've rediscovered it (and I'm happy that I have). I work the mousse into my damp hair and then dry it using my defuser. 

Defuser- Last month I was loving the flat iron; this month I'm all about the defuser. I use it to dry my hair so I can achieve a quick, curly style that's fun for the spring.


Fashion:


Nine West Canvas and Leather Boat Shoes

Nine West Boat Shoes- March saw some chilly days in Florida. I don't know what was going on with the weather, but at least it didn't snow! I was prepared with my favorite shoes for those chilly or rainy days. I think of my boat shoes as the flip flops of close-toed shoes. I can slip into them and get out the door in no time at all. I have several similar styled shoes, but these from Nine West are defiantly my favorite- they're just so cute! 

Extras:

Show:
Hart of Dixie- I'm really loving this new-to-me show! I just started watching it on Netflix this month, so I'm not entirely caught up to speed. I think it's cute and light-hearted, and I really like all the characters (not to mention the eye candy). Do any of you watch this show?

App:

Minesweeper Classic- You may be familiar with it as a computer game, but I've downloaded the classic version on my phone (for free). I'm not sure if this game has much of a following (it's not Angry Birds), but for whatever reason, I've always been addicted to it. I'm reluctant to admit this... it is a productivity zapper! It sucks me in.

Snack:
Rice Krispies- This is my go-to snack. It's one of the few things that I can snack on, but I think I only had some once or twice in February. In March, however, I couldn't seem to get enough of this crunchy snack. I eat it dry, and it may be hard to believe, but it's really satisfying when I get the munchies.  

Did you discover any new Favorites this month? Let me know in the comments below. 


13 comments:

  1. I love that colour tattoo shade too! I find it acts as a great base for shadow too :)

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Lucy! It holds onto the other shadows so everything wears well and every color seems to go great with this pink.

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are gorgeous!! Great items(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your favorites... Shoes looks amazing... and maybe I could try a Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows too! Nice post :)
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so comfy and were reasonably priced. I can't remember for sure but I think I paid around $20 at the Nine West store for them.

      I think you'd really like the Color Tattoo shadow. I have swatches on the review post (linked above) of the 4 shades I have.

      Delete
  4. Great post! Just came across your blog and I love it. It would be amazing if you could visit my blog too, we could also follow each other.


    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog David! I'd love to check out yours, I'm very curious to see what men's fashion is like in the UK!

      Delete
  5. I love the maybelline colour tattoos! They're amazing!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much obsessed! They create such a nice look with minimal effort.

      Delete
  6. hi...nice blog ....would you like to follow each other?
    let me know...

    http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you just have a couple favourites, you kept it nice and simple. I have a maybelline color tattoo that I'm currently loving too!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of products are favorites month after month, so I don't want to keep repeating the same product/shade. It makes my list much shorter to only list my newest favorites :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.