Wednesday, March 27, 2013

OOTD: Black & White Stripe Dress


I LOVE stripes, always have and I'm sure I always will. I've said it before; they're classic and fresh! Some may not think it's an ideal look for the spring, but I think stripes can look great during any season, it just depends on how you wear them. Keep reading to see how I styled this striped spring outfit and check out my Striped OOTD from February for another idea.


Today, Kristina, from Pretty Shiny Sparkly, has a challenge for fellow bloggers; she wants to see our take on this seasons trend: Black and White Stripes. Interested in taking part? Check out her post, Blogger's Do It Better: Black & White Stripes and submit your own outfit! 

Maurices Black and White Stripe Dress, Target Merona White Crop Sweater, OPI My Lifesaver see NOTD

This black dress with white stripes couldn't be more comfortable. It's one of my favorite dresses, and it doesn't hurt that I get complements from complete strangers every time I wear it. The way the stripes fall on this dress creates so much movement, even when I'm standing still. I have with me a white crop sweater with me just in case I get chilled. This adds some crispness to the look. 

Brown Leather Skinny Belt, Fossil Brown Leather Bag, Kenneth Cole Reaction Brown Sandals

I've added brown accessories for a simple, casual look. I'm wearing a skinny brown belt, brown sandal heals by Kenneth Cole Reaction, and I'm carrying my brown leather Fossil bag. 

Gold Stud Earrings, Single Pearl Necklace, Gold "N" Necklace, Pave Link Bracelet. 

I've completed my look with classic gold jewelry. Layering two necklaces for added interest, a petite white pearl necklace along with my initial necklace. I'm wearing simple gold stud earrings, but have added a bit of sparkle on my wrist with my pave link bracelet.


Let me know what you think, and be sure to share with me links to your Black & White Stripe looks, I'd love to check them out! 




14 comments:

  1. I love stripes, too :) Nice bracelet!
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bracelet is one of my newest additions to my collection. I get lost looking at it.

      Delete
  2. Cute dress. I'm loving the stripes that are popping up everywhere!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My stripe obsession is in trend now and I'm so excited. I have so many black and white striped items I had to put a band on buying more.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia! It's so comfortable to wear too!

      Delete
  4. I love that dress with that belt! And your body is gorg!

    twistedyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best Dede; thanks so much for such a nice complement!

      Delete
  5. Oh, everything here is pretty! :D My BDIB entry is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your link; can't wait to check it out :)

      Delete
  6. actually i love this dress!! lookin very nice dear!!

    http://aigyzrebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dress! :D

    http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.