Wednesday, March 20, 2013

OOTD: 1st Day of Spring- Peplum Top with Mint Jeans


It's officially Spring! Today marks the first day of my favorite season; I love seeing the pop of color everywhere you look. 

When I was thinking of ideas for today's post, I decided I wanted to do a "First Day of the Season" OOTD. I'm sure we all have at least one "First Day of School" picture stashed somewhere. Yes, you know the one maybe you were showing off your new school clothes, lunch box, and backpack. Why not take that idea and apply it to the seasons? 

I wanted to wear something light, bright, and girly for my "First Day of Spring" OOTD. Basically, I wanted to wear a lovely spring outfit today! 


Tramp Peplum Top, Cello Jeans Mint Jeans

Today, I was gravitating towards my new peplum top that I recently hauled. It's such a feminine shape... with the delicate lace detailing. The crisp white color of the top is perfect for this time of year. I paired it with my mint jeans, that look so fresh and epitomize spring to me. I love this combo, how about you?

Lia Sophia Kiam Collection Marrakesh Necklace, New York & Co Skinny Black Belt

Now, onto the layers! If you've already read my recent post on How to Layer, you already know that two of the ways I like to add layers is with jewelry and a belt. This necklace is a perfect match to my mint pants. It can be worn long, but I've opted to double up the chain so it hits exactly where I want it. If you have a pendant on a long chain, keep this in mind; you may be able to wear it at a shorter length too. I added a belt to accent the flair of the peplum top and to provide added interest to the outfit.


Pave Link Bracelet, Gold Stud Earrings, Lia Sophia Kiam Collection Marrakesh Necklace

In addition to my pendant necklace, I've added simple gold stud earrings. When wearing a large statement necklace, I like to keep my earrings understated. On my wrist, I'm wearing my new pave link bracelet, another item from my recent collective haul

Steve Madden Purse, Steve Madden Flip Flops

I wanted to be able to show off my pretty pink pedicure to get Spring off on the right foot (pun intended), so I'm wearing my black Steve Madden flip flops with gold ring detailing. It works well with my Steve Madden bag. This slim black, white, and tan bag has great gold chain detailing and a chunky zipper. I love the look of this bag and I can fit more in it that one would imagine. 


I'm loving my First Day of Spring OOTD, how about you? Let me know in the comments if you have, or are planning on wearing, anything special this week to welcome Spring.





14 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and the necklace is amazing!!! Yay for the first day of spring!

    Great post Nikki!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! The necklace was a Christmas gift from one of my friends. I don't usually wear a lot of gold and she knows that, but when she saw it she thought it would be perfect for me. I am crazy about it!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! I love the bag!

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valeska! The bag was also gift! Me and my grandma picked it out together.

      Delete
  3. Yes to fun spring outfits!

    Today I'm wearing my light green pointy-toed heels with white embroidered flower detailing and a bright yellow 3/4-length scoop neck sweater. I've paired it with my dark Vera Wang jeans and layered a navy ruched 3/4-length blazer over it for when I'm chilly. Also enjoying my long silver & gold circle chain and pale blue-white-coral color block purse as accessories.

    It's sunny here in PA today, but it's windy and biting cold! I wanted the pop of color for the first day of spring, but the temperature won't allow for anything more than what I've got going. haha.

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your necklace... very nice... I am your new follower now :)
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following me; I'm already following you :)
      The necklace was a gift from a friend, who has great taste!

      Delete
  5. I love this! And I love your blog Nikki, newest follower/fan :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren! That means a lot. I'm your newest follower too!

      Delete
  6. This outfit is gorgeous! I love the colour of those jeans, and i'm feeling pretty envious of your bag :P
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I have been using this bag more and more lately; I get excited when it works with an outfit because it's bold and classic all at once.

      Delete
  7. hey nikki you are just simply pretty .. nice blog ..visit my blog sometime :http://bebeautifulwithpunam.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much for following and I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  8. hey nikki you are just simply pretty .. nice blog ..visit my blog sometime :http://bebeautifulwithpunam.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.