Friday, March 8, 2013

NOTD: OPI Bubble Bath

Today I'm wearing OPI Bubble Bath, my "go-to" nail polish. This feminine, pale pink shade is one of my favorites because it makes my nails look so clean and healthy. Since it's a neutral, it goes with everything and it's appropriate for any occasion, environment, or age. All of these reasons is why Bubble Bath is my top polish and the one I reach for over and over again.



This color makes me think of a "no makeup- makeup look". Obviously there's polish on my nails, but it's subtle and subdued. It's better than naked (nails) without screaming "look at me!" and drawing a bunch of attention to them (not that that's a bad thing). If you're nails are very short they'll still look great!

Bubble Bath is sheer polish, so I vary the number of coats that I apply depending on the look I want. Sometimes I'll apply just one or two thin coats of the polish, but today I've applied three. Since it's such a light color, a base coat isn't needed, and I've skipped the top coat as well because the polish drys with a nice shine.

I absolutely love this shade; it's essential to my polish collection. What polish do you reach for most or consider to be your "go-to" polish? Let me know in the comments :)



6 comments:

  1. I really like this color! It's hard to find good nude polishes!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use OPI's Privacy Please, but I used up almost the whole bottle and it started to become too hard to apply. I'm not sure if they still make that color but that's another I'd recommend.

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty!! I've been looking for a sheer-ish color like this, but its hard to find.

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this by chance, my bottle of OPI's Privacy Please (a similar color) was almost out and I stumbled upon this at the beauty supply store. OPI has a few light/sheer shades like this, Essie has a ton. Essie's formula is more sheer generally too so it might be worth a try. I've heard lots of great things about Ballet Slippers and might try that next.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    Yes of course we can follow each other!
    I am following you now, please follow back:

    www.fashionerza.com
    www.fashionerza.com
    www.fashionerza.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I enjoyed your outfit pictures, you have such cute accessories.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.