Friday, March 22, 2013

NOTD: My Lifesaver Nicole by OPI w/ Zig Zag Tips

It's time for a fun nail look! Today, my nails are inspired, in part, by my 1st Day of Spring OOTD. I've combined an aqua polish with a fun, white tip. Keep reading to see how you can recreate this look!


Nicole by OPI My LifesaverSinful Colors Snow Me White on tips

I began by applying a clear base coat, then two coats of My Lifesaver from Nicole by OPI. This color is a Tiffany blue shade and I adore it! I allowed these two coats to dry completely before proceeding. In fact, I polished them last night and I finished my manicure today, just to be sure it was super dry.


Zig-Zag Tips:


What you'll need:
  • Tape
  • Pinking shears/ Scrapbook scissors
  • White polish (or a coordinating polish of your choice)






How To:
  1. Tear off about an inch of tape.
  2. Cut the tape in half using your pinking shears/ scrapbook scissors.
  3. Apply one half to your nail with the triangles pointing towards the edge of your nail. Leave some space; how much is up to you.
  4. Use the other half of the cut tape for another nail. 
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 until each nail is covered.
  6. Apply a thin coat of white polish, painting down towards the tip of your nail. 
  7. After your first coat has dried, apply a second coat of white polish if needed.
  8. Carefully removed the tape from each nail.
  9. Apply a top coat. 
  10. Admire! 

I think this technique would look great with a variety of spring colors, and would be fun for Easter too! It kind of reminds me of a cracked Easter egg... do you see it? Let me know what color combo you would like to try.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm crazy about this color :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great Nikki!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just saw your Easter Nail Post, the yellow you used with these white tips would be like little chicks in cracked egg!

      Delete
  3. What a great manicure! I haven't tried the new styles, I'm kind of an oldy but goody :) Perhaps we could follow each other? Following you now, hope to see you back!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my wild side! Haha I normally stick with basic french tips but I wanted to be adventurous. I checked out your blog, loved it, and I'm now following you back!

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love that Tiffany blue is so in right now! I am glad I found your blog and am your newest follower with GFC! I'd love if you'd check out : the daily savant : and follow along if you like. I have a giveaway on now, as well!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog too! Thanks so much for following me! I've stopped by your blog and am following you too! Your style will get me thinking outside the box!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.