Friday, March 29, 2013

My Wishlist: Nail Polish

Today I'm bringing to you my Nail Polish Wishlist and I'm looking to you for your input! I have some specific polishes in mind, but mostly it's a list of general colors that I'm looking for. That's where you come in. In the comments below, let me know if you have a favorite polish/brand for the colors I'm undecided on, or one that's on your wishlist. I'd appreciate your suggestions. 
1st Row: OPI in Do You Lilac It?, OPI in You're Such A Budapest, Essie in Bond With Whomever, L'Oreal in Royalty Reinvented
2nd Row: Essie in Penny Talk, Zoya Pixie Dust in Godiva, OPI in Dating A Royal
 3rd Row: OPI in Pros & Bronze, OPI in Glitzerland, Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Gilty Pleasure, Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Silver Lining, Orly in Winter Wonderland
4th Row: China Glaze in Flip Flop Fantasy, OPI in Suzi's Hungary Again, OPI in Red Lights Ahead... Where?, Essie in Head Mistress, Zoya Pixie Dust in Chyna

My wishlist from my phone

Lavenders:
OPI in Do You Lilac It?
This has been on my wishlist for a year.

OPI in You're Such A Budapest
This appears to have a slight hint of blue to it.

Essie in Bond With Whomever
Such a pretty shade, possibly my favorite, but I'd have to judge the bottle in person to see how thin the formula is.

L'Oreal in Royalty Reinvented
Never tried their polish, but so many people have been using it lately and I'm very curious. 

I won't be purchasing all of these polishes, but I would really like one light purple. What is your favorite from either those listed above, or perhaps one that I may not have mentioned?


Metallics:
Golds:
OPI in Glitzerland
Lovely.

OPI in Pros & Bronze
This may be too dark for my skin tone. 


Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Gilty Pleasure
I like the brush design on this line of polish from Sally Hansen.

Essie in Penny Talk
A pretty rose gold. I've been wanting a rose gold polish for a while, but haven't seen this in stores. 

Silver:
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Silver Lining
I can't remember if someone mentioned this shade in real life or on a blog, but I've been wanting to try it. 

White/Neutral:
Orly in Winter Wonderland
Saw this on Pinterest (follow me!). So BEAUTIFUL!!

Zoya Pixie Dust in Godiva
When it's applied without a top coat, this reminds me of beach sand because of its color and texture. 

My current silver and gold polishes are beginning to get gloppy. You know that thing that happens to them when they get too old? I want new ones, but I'd like to try out a couple new shades I feel there are so many metallic shades available that I can't possibly keep up. Which metallics do you think are a must? 


Brights/Reds/Pinks:
China Glaze in Flip Flop Fantasy
Hot pink bordering on neon. Not sure how this would look with my fair skin, but it's a great summer shade. 
  
OPI in Red Lights Ahead... Where? 
This has a slight hint of orange. Reminds me of an OPI polish I used years ago and loved (if only I could remember the name!)

OPI in Suzi's Hungary Again 
Medium Pink that looks to have a coral vibe going on.

Essie in Head Mistress
Pretty red, possibly more for the fall and winter, but I think it's a beautiful shade.

Zoya Pixie Dust in Chyna
When a top coat is applied, this reminds me of ruby red slippers!   



Wildcard:
OPI in Dating A Royal
I don't own anything like this royal blue, so out of the box for me, but I fell for it when I saw it swatched.


What polishes do you think are missing from my list, and that I should check out? Let me know what your favorites are for Spring and Summer. 

16 comments:

  1. These are all such pretty nail polishes! Essie's Penny Talk looks amazing, I would love to try that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for the perfect rose gold for a while so I'm excited to try Penny Talk! If I can find it this week, I'll make it mine :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving all the metallic colors and the pinks :) I love the names of the OPI colors, they are so adorable!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metallics are just so darn shimmery and pretty how can you not love them? :) I'm a pink polish person at heart so I'm always drawn to those shades, they are my favorites.

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you for the Versatile blogger award, you can check it out here:
    http://sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, I appreciate you thinking of me! I will be sure to check it out.

      Delete
  4. OPI's Dating a Royal looks gorgeous! <3

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally care for blues, but I was blown away by this one. It really looks great.

      Delete
  5. I love those lilacs they're so pretty!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing lilac polish on everyone this season and it's so pretty!

      Delete
  6. Great color picks! Lovely blog!! New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back on GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following Athena! I'd love to check out your blog.

      Delete
  7. ooh i love that essie bond with whomever. definitely the one i would pick, but they're all great

    i've just found your blog and followed you, i'd love you to check out mine

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm with you Katy, Essie's Bond With Whomever is the one I'm leaning towards. I'll have to do side by side comparisons in person to see what the bottles look like against my hand before making my final call.

      Thanks so much for following me. I'm headed over to check out your blog now :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.