Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Wishlist: Lip Products

I've mentioned in a previous post that I keep a running wishlist in my head of things that I would like. Recently, I've actually started to make lists of these things... on paper! Well okay, not real paper, but rather in the note section of my phone.

I might be alone in this, but I find it difficult to tell what lip products actually look when I'm in a drugstore. How are you supposed to know what a product really looks like from a sticker on the package or a small window on the cap (especially when the cap is colored). I generally like to scope things out online first and then head to the store (now with my list). I no longer need to remember a plethora of products and names because it's already jotted down.

From Top Left: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm, Nivea Lip Butter, and Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm
From Bottom Left: Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm, Maybelline Color Whisper, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss, and Rimmel Apocalips

While everything on my list is a drugstore item, and more budget friendly by nature, I can't possibly try all of them at once without going over my beauty budget for the month. Instead, I'll look for "Buy one, get one 1/2 off" deals for some of these brands.
This is my actual wishlist from my phone.


So here it is, my current Lip Product Wishlist:

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose or Hibiscus
I already have one in Red Dahlia and I use it almost daily. I would love to have more.

Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in Sunny Berry  
I'm curious how these compare to Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms. 

Nivea Lip Butters in Caramel Cream Kiss
These have been so talked about and I'm really curious about them. 

Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Scarlet Twist or Coral Twist
The display is always cleaned out in stores!  


Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach, Berry Ready, or Cherry On Top
I've heard these are very subtle, but can build up for more color if desired. 

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Shocking Coral or On Fire Red
All the shades look so pretty and are great for the spring and summer, but I've heard mixed reviews on the color pay off.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in #01 or #22 
I prefer when lipstick shades have names rather than numbers. I find it harder to remember a number and not as girly as a name... it seems like something a guy would do; just assign a number to it.

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang, or Stellar
Now if only they would release this in the US!


What lip products (drugstore or high end) are on your current wishlist? If you've tried any of the products on mine, let me know what you think about them in the comments; I'd love to know your opinions- what to try, what to skip, or what colors you like. Thanks!




22 comments:

  1. I hope they release apocalips here soon! I'm also waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I first heard about them from FleurDeForce and I believe she received the whole collection for review before it was even released in the UK. It feels like I've been waiting forever... I must practice patience :P

      Delete
  2. i have burt's bees hibiscus, nivea caramel kiss, covergirl coral twist, and a couple of maybelline vivids. love them all, maybelline vivids are truly amazing and coral twist has a cute sheer color and feels like a balm on the lips. hibiscus is a hg for me and nivea smells really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I want to hear... "HG"! Alright I'm sold on Hibiscus! Ha. I really like sheer color, like you said the CoverGirl Coral Twist has so I think I could get a lot of wear out of that, but also adding a new lip product that's more opaque like the Vivids might be a good call, so happy to hear you love yours! Thanks so much for your comment and opinion!

      Delete
    2. hi nikki,

      i live in us but my blog is in turkish (as i'm actually turkish lol) so i don't know how you can translate it but usually if you use google chrome it asks on the top of the page so maybe you can try clicking through chrome

      Delete
    3. Okay! That must be it. I usually use Chrome but for some reason it hasn't been letting me leave or respond to comments so I've been switching over to Firefox for blogging. I'll have to check out your blog on Chrome then, thanks so much for getting back to me!

      Delete
  3. This wishlist looks exactly like mine!!

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know if you try any out, I have to check the ads for this week abut I may be checking a few things off this list soon!

      Delete
  4. great post :)

    how did you create your own pinterest, instagram, bloglovin buttons at the top of your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to: carrieloves.com and downloaded free media icons (there are 30 colors to choose from!) to my computer and then I uploaded the icons I wanted to use to photobucket.com.

      Now here's where it gets fun! You have to gather the links to your icon picture, your social media link, create the code, and add it to your blog's layout.

      I'd recommend opening up Notepad or Word Document on your computer first since there will be copying and pasting involved.

      I'll use Pinterest as an example to show you how to create your link:

      Once you've loaded your icons Photobucket, click the album that they're in. Hover over the icon, in this case the Pinterest "P", you will see an icon appear in the upper right corner of the picture, hover over it and a list will drop down. Select "Get Links". Click the "Direct Link" section and it will copy the link for you.

      My Direct link is: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/NikkiWalsh/pinterest_zpsc2f169dd.png

      Paste that to your notepad.

      Next get your Pinterest link.

      Mine is: https://pinterest.com/fairestsfaves/

      Now to assemble.
      Your Pinterest link will go first, then your Photobucket link will follow... it will look like this: Just replace ()'s with <>'s if I didn't change this, it wouldn't show up for you to see :P

      (a href="https://pinterest.com/fairestsfaves/" target="_blank")(img src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/NikkiWalsh/pinterest_zpsc2f169dd.png" /)(/a)

      Hope this was helpful. Sorry it was so long, it can be a little tricky.

      Delete
  5. Hey Nikki!

    I have to say the Color Whispers, Vivids, and the Burts Bees are some of my favorite lip products!

    I think agree with you on the Rimmel lip products, I have been hearing really great things!!!

    Check out my new post from today!!!!

    :) Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get my hands on the Color Whispers and Vivids!

      I was at my CVS again today, they had 8 Whispers (that was all they had space for it's not that they were just sold out) and they didn't have any Vivids. The Rimmel display was pretty much empty. They had some lipstick, but not in colors that I wanted.

      I'm getting frustrated with my selection.

      I will be sure to check out your new post!

      Delete
    2. the vivids are now in the permanent display, probably you're missing them because you're looking for a separate display. i've seen them in the permament display in 3 different cvs last week

      Delete
    3. I looked with all the Maybelline items first and then I checked around the rest of the beauty department. They weren't anywhere :/ My CVS is seriously the worst one ever.

      There are 20 different Color Whispers in the line, but my store only carries 8. They cherry pick what they carry any they don't restock.

      They still don't have the Nivea lip butters there either.

      Next time I'm in I'll have to remember to instagram a picture, lol.

      I'll have to drive further out in search.

      Delete
  6. I really loved Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach but I think it differs from country to country, haven't seen this colour yet. I'll be so happy if you check out my blog too=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Pin Up Peach is the one that I'm leaning towards most, now if only I could find it in stores.

      I would love to check out your blog! Thanks so much for commenting :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog and thank you for following! Of course I'd love to check out your blog!

      Delete
  8. Good choices! I've been big into dark lip colors lately. x

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I either like washes of color or bold lips. There's just something about bright red lips!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.