Monday, March 4, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo

Maybelline's Color Tattoo is one of my favorite makeup products, so much so that I've mentioned them in past Monthly Favorites posts and have used them in my makeup tutorials is. Since they've been featured in so many previous posts, it's about time that I do a review on this long wearing shadow.


Maybelline's Color Tattoo is a 24 hour cream eye shadow. When they say 24 hours, they mean 24 hours... no joke. Yes, I've tested it, and no, I'm not proud of that. I think most of us have been guilty of sleeping in our makeup a time or two; the difference, my shadow still looked great when I woke up. When does that happen? So maybe you aren't planning on sleeping in your makeup, but know that it's a long-wearing shadow that stays put; I've never had an issue with it creasing on me.

This cream/gel shadow can be applied with a brush or with your finger tip. I prefer using my finger because it warms the product and that makes it blend like a dream. The creamy formula glides on the lid without tugging at the sensitive skin around your eye. You can easily add another layer if you want to increase the intensity and deepen the color. These shadows are great to wear alone or top with your regular powder shadow. 




I currently have four different Color Tattoos: Tough as Taupe, Bad to the Bronze, Barely Beige, and Inked in Pink. All have shimmer, except for Tough as Taupe which is matte. My current favorite is Bad to the Bronze, but I really do love them all. If you haven't already seen my past makeup tutorials using Bad to the Bronze in my Most Worn Look in February, or using Inked in Pink in my Valentine's Day Makeup Look, check those out to see them in action!

I like to use Tough as Taupe for a quick, smokey look. It's a warm gray (with brown undertones), so it complements most skin tones and eye colors. Bad to the Bronze is a shimmery bronze/brown shade that works great for a fast, neutral look. Barely Beige is what I reach for when I want a brightened effect for my eye. It can be worn by anyone, but if going for a "better than your skin look", it falls in the range of light to medium skin tones. Lastly, Inked in Pink is great for a go-to feminine eye look with a subtle touch of color.

Do you own any Color Tattoo's, and if so, which shade is your favorite? I wouldn't mind adding another shade to my collection; if you have any suggestions on a color I should try next let me know in the comments. Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. You know I'm with you with the color tattoos! :) I would have to pick Bad to the Bronze as my favorite. I also have Pomegranate punk but I found that one isn't as creamy or easy to apply as the more metallic shades. I still like it though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see a display I always consider getting Pomegranate Punk. Even though it looks amazing, I'm just not sure how often I'd use it. It's probably similar in texture to Tough as Taupe.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many great things about this product - really want to try them out! great post :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should defiantly try them out. Lots of high end makeup brands have similar products, but that cost much more. These are really great quality. I know Maybelline almost always has a buy one get one 1/2 off sale at one of the drugstores and that's a great time to try them.

      Delete
  3. I love them so much! Such great little products! My favorite one is "Bad to the Bronze" - lovely color! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty wonderful and Bad to the Bronze is so versatile!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nikki! Great Post!

    I am loving Inked in Pink right now! It's a really great eyeshadow that you can sweep across the eyelid and not think too much about it!

    Kendra :)
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kendra, thanks for your comment.
      I need to start using Inked in Pink more, it really is pretty!

      Delete
  5. Love these! I have the bronze shade and always love wearing it :) x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone; Bad to the Bronze seems to be a crowd favorite :)

      Delete
  6. nice review !
    Maybe we follow each other!?
    Let me know :)

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'll check out your blog now!

      Delete
  7. I just recently got Bad to the Bronze and I'm wearing it for the first time today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! How do you like it so far?

      Delete
  8. I still have not tried these! Looks so prettyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so addicted to them! They just recently released more colors, although I haven't seen them in stores near me yet. They look really pretty will be going on my wishlist!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.