Monday, March 11, 2013

Collective Haul!

Lately, I've been stopping into clothing stores to just browse. No, I take that back, browsing would imply that I'm just passively looking or mindlessly wandering through a store, when in fact, I'm on a mission... I even have a list. Just like my Lip Products Wishlist, I have one for clothes, shoes, and accessories. (Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see it). I've had success this week in finding some items that I've been on the lookout for, plus I was able to check off an item on my Lip Product Wishlist too!


I stuck to the discount stores (Marshals and Ross) because a lot of the items I've been looking for are trendy pieces. I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes that I may grow tired of quickly. I also like to shop Forever21 for this reason, but shopping there can be stressful and I wasn't up for that this week. 

So what did I find? 

Tramp White Peplum top, $12.99

I found the cutest white sleeveless peplum top at Marshals. Before I talk about the shirt, I must address the brand name: Tramp. Why on earth would you name a Juniors clothing line Tramp? Seriously. Okay, now onto the top. It has a high neckline and lace overlay panels down each side of the shirt for added detail.

Cha Cha Vente Purple and Gray High-Lo top, $7.00

The second top I purchased couldn't be more different than the first. It's two-tone (purple and gray) with a high-low hemline. This loose fitting top is made of the softest cotton and it's so comfortable!


Speed Control Denim Button Down dress, $11.99

I was sold on this dress (found at Ross) before even trying it on. It's a classic shirt style dress with an effortless casual look to it. I love the light weight denim material because it's perfect for summer, especially the humid ones we get here in Florida.


Miss Chievous Pink Lace dress, $13.99

I've been looking for a lace dress for a while so when I came across this pretty pale pink one at Ross, I had to try it on. It looked promising on the hanger because of it's color, but I was unsure how the cut would work for me. To my surprise, it looked very sweet on; just what I was going for. Sometimes, you just have to give things a chance. 


Express One Shoulder Butterfly Sleeve dress, $13.00

Another item that I gave a chance to was this one sleeve cobalt blue dress by Express, found at Marshals. I was confused by it at first; it was hung up improperly and in the wrong section entirely, but that didn't matter. I was drawn in by the beautiful color and the soft material. I tried it on and couldn't believe how flattering this dress, with the large butterfly sleeve was. At $13, I could afford to have this gem in my wardrobe. 

Celebrity Pink Pink with White Polka Dot pants, $19.99

I've been actively looking for pink or coral pants and polka dot pants for this spring and summer. I was delighted when I found these pink crop pants with white polka dots at Marshals. I always try clothes on before purchasing, and by always I mean except for this time. Why? I was wearing panty hose and didn't want to remove them or attempt to put skinny jeans over top of them. I loved these pants and because I'm familiar with Marshals return policy, I risked it. I just tried them on today and I love them! They fit perfectly and look exactly how I wanted them to, except... there's a section along the waistband where part of the fabric didn't get stitched correctly, leaving a hole (ugh!) I'll have to return them this week and hope they have another pair in my size. Cross your fingers for me please!


Levi's Demi Curve Boot Cut Classic Rise in Dark and Medium wash

I purchased two pair of Levi's from their Curve ID line. I had heard Levi's created it to provide a better fit depending on your shape; what a great idea! So in addition to selecting pants based on your waist band and inseam, you also have another choice: your shape. I'm a Demi Curve, and both pair I purchased are boot cut with a classic rise. I have a hard time finding jeans that aren't super low cut. With short legs and a long torso, low cut jeans make me look even more disproportional than I already am. This classic cut is ideal for me because it balances me out, and as an added bonus, my underwear wont show when I sit down! 

Now onto the non-clothing items.


Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Duo Pack- Hibiscus and Rose, $9.99

I purchased a Tinted Lip Balm duo pack from Burt's Bees and was able to get both shades that I wanted, Hibiscus and Rose! How sweet is that? Both of shades were on my Lip Products Wishlist, so you can expect to see a review on the Tinted Lip Balms soon (I will include swatches). 


Gold Pave Link bracelet

I have been admiring the J Crew pave link bracelet for some time. I think its gorgeous, but out of my budget. I've kept my eyes open and recently found a similar bracelet at a fraction of the cost, and I couldn't be more delighted!

Have you made any purchases recently? What are some of the items you have on your clothing wishlist for this spring?

12 comments:

  1. Great picks

    So cute photos!
    I love your blog so much <333

    www.fashionerza.com

    (Loving my top picks from sheinside! Can't believe their prices,
    Click link above to see photos !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the pics, I was worried they looked a little too blurry.

      Delete
  2. i love Marshalls! they have great stuff at low prices <3

    www.passport-to-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I went back today (to exchange the pants), but went to a different Marshals than I was at the other day. I had a hard time not shopping again!

      Delete
  3. love the Burt's Bees lip balms! you got some great things :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about everything, but I think most of all I'm excited about the Lip Balm, Ha! I adore them.

      Delete
  4. The pink lace dress is so cute! Great post!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to wear and style it :)

      Delete
  5. I love the polka dot pants! So jealous!
    And I would love to see your "wishlists"!

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. I tried to exchange them for ones that didn't have a hole in them, but they didn't have any in my size so I'll have to try another store. If I cant find it I think I might end up mending them myself they are just too cute to get rid of.

      I will have to put together another Wishlist post! I really had a lot of fun with the first one so I'm glad your interested in seeing another!

      Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  6. New follower! I am in love with that Blue off the shoulder dress. I hope my Ross will have that or something similar. Isn't that color amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really lucky in finding it. I think they had it mixed in with sports wear- which it's not! And yes, this color is amazing! I'm crazy about it.

      Thank you so much for subscribing! I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy checking out previous posts and enjoy what's still to come :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.