Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day Outfit


I had so much fun doing the three part series for New Year's Eve, (showing my outfit, makeup, and hair) that I wanted to do another series for Valentine's Day. In my last post, I did a Valentine's Day inspired nail tutorial with hearts. Today, I'll continue the theme for these posts with my outfit for February 14th. 


Retail price $50.00; Original Price at Marshals $29.99; Clearance price $10.00. Score! 

Valentine's Day is about love, and for those of you that are familiar with past posts of mine, you know that I love the berry/plum colors. I'll be wearing this berry colored dress by London Times that I purchased at Marshals. It's regular retail price was $50, but I paid only $10. Discount stores like Marshals, Ross, and TJ Max are great places to shop for clothes, especially dresses. Often times, you can find something special without spending a ton of money. In many cases, they have designer brands at a fraction of the cost of the regular department stores. 



This dress has a high/low hemline that makes it modern. The length of the dress and its neckline make it suitable for many different occasions. It could be worn during the day, possibly to work with a cardigan or jacket, and can easily be transitioned into an evening look.

Boring original cord belt.  

 Coach Poppy ponytail scarf used as a belt for added interest. 

A simple cord belt in the same fabric came with the dress, but I decided to remove it and use my Coach Poppy ponytail scarf in its place. This scarf is the reverse side of the coral polka dot scarf I've shown in a past post, and also, the print coordinates with the dress. Don't be afraid to mix it up and swap out the ties/belt that comes with a garment; it's an easy way to make something your own.

Nine West patent leather nude heals

I'm wearing my Nine West patent leather nude pumps. Since I'm so fair, most "nude" shoes look very tan on me. It wasn't an easy search, but I finally found a nude that wouldn't be too dark and mistaken for brown or too light and just look like and off-white. Thank you Nine West!


Coach leather Gallery purse. 
On nails: OPI Dim Sum Plum, check out my Valentine's nail tutorial

I'm carrying my Coach leather Gallery bag in Shell. It's not an exact color match to my nude heals, but it's pretty close.


New York & Co beaded earrings, beaded bracelet (not sure of brand), DIY bow bracelet

I've opted to omit a necklace, but I'm wearing beautiful beaded dangle earrings. The silver, light pewter, and clear beads look nice against my dark hair, and with my hair pulled back they'll really make a statement. I chose to wear a bracelet on each wrist; on my right wrist, a double strand bracelet with colored gemstones, light pewter and pink pearls, and small silver beads. On my left wrist, I'm wearing one of my own creations; a berry colored bow ribbon bracelet. I have a tutorial on how you can make one for yourself in this DIY post

Have you started to think about what you'll wear for Valentine's Day? If so, will you wear the traditional red or something else? Let me know in the comments below. 

Parts three and four of this series will post next Monday and Wednesday, respectively. Check back or subscribe to get the details on my makeup and hair for this look. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.