Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentines Day Nail with ♥'s

I wanted to begin my Valentine's Day Look tutorials today to give you some ideas for the holiday, since it's only eight days away. No matter what your plans are this Valentine's Day, you can have a cute, but subtle, nail look for the occasion. 



I got the idea for this nail look from Pinterest, but unfortunately, because the image was not linked back to a website, I don't know who to credit for my inspiration. 


OPI Dim Sum Plum

To Begin:
After first applying a clear base coat, I then I applied two coats of OPI Dim Sum Plum for the main color on my nails. I've done a previous NOTD post on this color if you want more info on it. Be sure that your main color dries completely before moving onto the next step. 


Sinful Colors Easy Going

Next, I selected Easy Going from Sinful Colors. it's a very pail pink that I thought would look nice against the darker pink/plum color, and make a great color for the heart. I bought this polish from Target and, if I remember correctly, it was under $2. 

To make the Hearts:

Items Used:
  • A bobby pin, opened up
  • A Post-it (you can use a paper plate or sheet of paper folded over)
  • A coordinating polish (I used Easy Going by Sinful Colors)


The Steps:
1. Drip some of the light pink polish onto the Post-it.
2. Dip the bobby pin into the blob of polish. 
3. Make two dots on the finger nail, one about half way up on the edge of the nail and the other down and over slightly. 
4. Dip the bobby pin into the polish again. Lightly run the tip of the bobby pin down to the corner of the nail to make the point of the heart from each dot. 
5. After having the rough heart drawn out, use the brush from the nail polish to make a smooth heart. 
6. Repeat steps 2-5 on the other ring finger.
7. Allow the hearts to dry completely, then apply a clear top coat, and admire your nails!


Take this idea and run with it; adapt it to suite your taste... mix up/ swap out the colors to match your outfit. Have fun with it! Paint a few hearts on one nail or a heart on every nail. 

If you try this this nail look, let me know in the comments below! What color combination will you use? If you have an Instagram, take a picture and share your link with me so I can take a look!

Be sure to check back on Friday or subscribe for part two of my four part Valentine's Day series, when I'll be going over my outfit for Valentine's Day





12 comments:

  1. Pretty polish! I'm a new follower. Feel free to follow back.

    Thanks,
    Gina

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm headed over to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. Love your nails! The OPI dim sum plum looks really good.

    http://tanjaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dim Sum Plum has become one of favorite colors over the past few months.

      Delete
  3. amazing post :)

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, your such a sweetheart!

      Delete
  4. Wow great idea! I'll definitely try this out!

    xx,
    http://nataliekslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do I'd love to see a picture! Just checked out your blog and subscribed :)

      Delete
    2. Response to your question about the mascara:

      If you like big, voluminous lashes, definitely try the rocket mascara out. It's crazy thickening and I love it! It's way better than the mega plush, which I was disapointed in because it gave no volume.

      Delete
    3. Day to day, I go for more defined lashes but I like voluminous lashes that look really full for certain looks, mainly at night. I'll put this on my list of things to try. Thanks for telling me about it.

      Delete
  5. This is so cute! The little heart on the side of one nail is such a great detail!

    Jamie
    Forever81

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the subtle heart too; I think it's sweet.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.