Friday, February 22, 2013

OOTD: Stripes + Mint

H&M Black and White Striped Shirt, Cello Mint Jeans

When I was getting dressed today I was gravitating toward stripes. I love wearing them because I think they're classic and fresh. Instead of pairing the stripes with blue jeans or black pants as I usually do, I reached for my mint jeans instead. I later realized that I had seen a similar combination earlier in the week on Lauren Conrad's blog. In the Stripes for Spring post written by Anna James, she had paired a mint top with a wide black and white striped Kate Spade skirt. I think it looked amazing, and elegant too, but way more dressy than my day required me to be. 

This black and white thin stripped shirt with 3/4 length sleeves is from H&M. I love the button detailing on the left shoulder and the cotton is very soft. I found my mint skinny jeans by Cello in the Juniors department at Ross, and were a bargain at under $15. When buying trendy items, like colored denim, I try to be conscious of the price because it may not be something that I'll get a lot of wear from or keep for years to come. 

Kate Spade red leather purse

When deciding on a bag, I went with my Kate Spade purse because I love red with stripes. I also think it's also is a bold look when paired with the mint jeans. Why not be a little daring and have some fun with it? 

Steve Madden Black with Gold flip flops

The weather is perfect today; honestly, it's been beautiful all week. I slipped into my Steve Madden black patent leather flip flops with gold detailing.  


Tiffany & Co Heart Necklace, Lauren Conrad Necklace, Large CZ earrings
On Wrist: Fossil Stella Watch, Fossil CZ Charm Bracelet, Tiffany & Co Heart Bracelet, Beaded Bracelet I made.


Then, for the icing on the cake, I decided to layer my necklaces (I've been doing this a lot lately). I'm wearing my Tiffany & Co blue enamel heart necklace (the same tone as my pants), layered with my rhinestone necklace from the Lauren Conrad collection at Kohls (I've doubled it up). This LC necklace was in my Jewelry Haul in November, if you'd like more details. For earrings, I've chosen large CZ studs. On my wrist, I've stacked my Fossil watch with several bracelets; Fossil bracelet with CZ charm (both from my Fossil Haul), Tiffany & Co heart bracelet, and a beaded bracelet (that I made myself). 

Where do you find wardrobe inspiration? 

6 comments:

  1. i love the outfit you look fabb your flip flops are cute were did you get them? new follower chck my blog out follow back if you like what you see ? :)X

    http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are Steve Madden flip flops and I got them at Ross- It's a discount store that carries brand name clothes, shoes, bags, etc. I'm headed over to check out your blog now, thanks so much for following me :)

      Delete
  2. I was hoping if you would like to follow each other on Google Friend Connect and other social sites.- Chic Out of Town

    http://chicoutoftown.blogspot.com/#sthash.EElDZLit.gfcXRmAf.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to check out your blog, headed there now.

      Delete
  3. Love the pants! I finally caved and bought some mint skinny jeans. I was thinking of styling them with black and white too. Very cute outfit :)

    ninikat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's how I felt when I bought mine at the end of summer begging of fall. I had resisted for so long and then one day I spotted them and my guard was down and I left the store with pants. I think I might try them with a light coral/ blush color next see how that turns out.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.