Friday, February 1, 2013

January Favorites

Makeup:
Rimmel Clean Finish in 130 True Ivory, ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation- I've been using this foundation for most of this month, and I'm hooked. I love that my face looks dewy and fresh when I wear it. I think it's a great drugstore find at under $5. If anyone's been battling dry skin this winter or is looking for a less matte look, this product may be for you. I can do a full review on the Clean Finish foundation in another post, so let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in that. 

E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit- Another new purchase this month and instant favorite has been the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium. I've been filling in my brows with brown eye shadow for a while, but I've never had an actual eyebrow powder or wax until now. This product has made such a difference! If you'd like to know the specifics and see before and after pictures, chech out the full review.


Nails:
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Nude Shimmer, True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Scrub

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nude Shimmer- I did a NOTD post with this polish in the beginning of January, and I liked the color so much I kept re-polishing my nails with it for the majority of the month. Addicted much? It's just such a pretty, neutral shade that goes well with everything, but because it's a metallic it's still cool to look at.

True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Scrub- I did a product review on this earlier in the month, and I just want you to know that I've been using this stuff like crazy! It's a little treat for me at the end of the day. I love how it smells and the way my hands feel afterward, too.

Hair:
Turbie Twist towel, Redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner

Turbie Twist- I have a few and use them all the time after shampooing. Wrapping my hair in a regular towel is a pain in the neck because it gets so heavy, and never wants to stay up. The Turbie Twists are great because they're light weight and they stay secured on my head. I like them even more since donating my hair to Locks of Love because all my hair fits inside! Before, about 7 inches would hang out the end, which would tickle my neck and scare me. Seriously, I would spaz-out every time, thinking there was a bug on me. 

Redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner- I mentioned this product in my NYE Hair look and I've been using it in my hair, post shower, ever since. I put a small amount on the ends of my hair and work up the remainder up towards the roots. I then wrap my (still damp) hair in a Turbie Twist and let it dry for a little bit. I had forgotten just how much I love this product! It bums me out that Redken is phasing out the line, but I do have a large container that should last me for a while. It smells nice and leaves my ends feeling so soft and silky that I can't help but touch it.

Fashion:
Coach Ocelot Ponytail Scarf

Coach Ponytail Scarf- I love ponytail scarfs in general and I have a few ( like the coral ponytail scarf from this OOTD). I recently bought this Coach Ocelot print ponytail scarf to dress up my bags (as shown in my recent OOTD). I've been using it every chance I get; mixing it with different bags, regardless of the designer. I think it looks especially good with my black bag, red bag, and my brown bag, too. 

What are some of your favorites from the month?

3 comments:

  1. i heard ELF make good products, i really need to check it out sometime! <3

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, a lot of their products are only $1 and the studio line is $3. I use a lot of their eye shadows and lip glosses.

      Delete
  2. Nice products!!! thank you so much for your visit!
    I follow you with GFC! want us to follow by Bloglovin? let me know I will follow you back.
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.