Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February's Most Worn, Everyday Eye Look

This month, I have had one eye look that I've gone to day after day. I'd make some slight adjustments on the minor details, but the overall eye has been the same look and feel. Even though February is a short month, wearing something this much means I must share it with you.


This is a shimmery, neutral look that would complement anyone. Since it's a neutral eye, you don't have to worry about it clashing with your outfit; it'll go with just about anything. This eye look revolves around Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze which I showed in my Drugstore Haul at the end of January, and as a spoiler alert, it's making it in my February Monthly that will be up on Friday.


What I Used:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Physicians Formula Nude Pallet 
Ulta Eyeliner in Black
E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium
Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara in Black

How To:  
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

First, apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze all over the lid, from inner to outer corner and lash line to crease line using the pad of your ring finger. You can vary the intensity by applying one layer and building up a second layer on the outer "V" (the outside corner- along the lash line and crease). I like to apply what is left on my finger to my brow bone just above my crease. This will serve to blend and provide a light wash of color on your brow bone. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze applied to lower lash line. 

Using a liner brush, I pick up some of the Color Tattoo and apply it to my lower lash line, starting at the outer corner and ending 1/3 of the way in. This will provide a little bit of smokiness and added softness to the eye area. By applying this bronze shade under the eye it helps to keep the eye open, as opposed to black liner that can close off the eye and make the eye look smaller. 


Physicians Formula Nude Eye Shadow Pallet 

Next, pick a light, shimmery color of your choice. I like to use a light shade from Physician's Formula Nude pallet. There are several to choose from and I haven't stuck to just one; I like to switch it up day to day. Today, I'll be using the the light gold color, second from the end. If you don't have this shadow pallet, improvise! Use what you have on hand, I'm sure you can find a light gold, champagne, or even a light taupe tone in your shadow collection that you can use in your inner corner. 



I apply this to the inner half of my lid and then bring it down along the inner, lower lash line. This will brighten up the eye area and make for a more wide awake look because it will reflect light.


Ulta eyeliner in Black 

Another way that I can make adjustments to this look is with eyeliner; depending on the day, how much time I have, or how I want to adjust my over all look. Some days I skip it altogether and others I'll take a little more time and apply liquid liner (I have to apply it carefully as I'm still relatively new to liquid liner). On days like today, I opt for regular black pencil liner. 


Physicians Formula Nude Eye Shadow Pallet

I like to go back over the liner with black eye shadow and a liner brush. This intensifies the black line and ensures its longevity. Also, if you have trouble making a straight line this will solve that, once you put shadow over it, you wont notice those little imperfections. Win-win! I used the black shadow from the the same Nude pallet as before. If you would like an even softer look you can skip the eye liner pencil and just apply the black shadow as a liner instead. 


E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium

I then fill in my brows using E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium to frame out my eyes; I think it makes such a difference to the overall look. I've already done a full review if you haven't yet seen it. 


Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara in Black

Lastly, I couldn't walk out the door without a coat (or two) of mascara! I've been using Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara in Black. I apply two coats of mascara to each set of lashes and then my eye look is complete! 


If you'd like to see another look with the Bad to the Bronze, check out Nina Kat's eye look for a different take, and also to see how this product looks on another skin tone. 

Let me know in the comments what eye looks you've been wearing lately, or if you have Bad to the Bronze, how do you use it? 

 

16 comments:

  1. Great look! It looks really nice on your gorgeous green eyes! I, of course, love the bad to the bronze color. and I've been wanting to pick up the nude palette you used but I really need to stop with the neutral eye shadows. I am nearing hoarding level. Thanks for linking my look as well,that was extremely nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm glad your okay with me linking you; your tutorial and pictures were so great I thought they were worth sharing and then everyone could get two looks instead of just one :)

      I did your makeup look the other night for a more dramatic look. I loved it and it was nice to venture out a little and try something new with the Bad to the Bronze color.

      Also, it's hard not to be a neutral eye shadow addict these days with pallet after pallet being "Nude", "Naked", and "Neutral". Just know your not alone!

      Delete
  2. I am following you on GFC and Bloglovin. Thank you ! - Chic Out of Town

    http://chicoutoftown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tutorial !! Will definitely be trying this out !! (:
    Looks great on you aswell !!
    Check my blog out as I also do tutorials, hoping you would like them, and maybe follow back ? Wont regret it all (:

    http://beautybysania.blogspot.com

    Sania Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Sania; let me know how it turns out if you try it!

      I'll be sure to check out your blog, it sounds great!

      Delete
  4. wow.. love it! adore your eyes hon.. :)
    tell me in my blog if you want to follow each other.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your too sweet!
      I'm headed over to check out your blog now, thanks so much for your kind comment!

      Delete
  5. beautiful! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to check out your blog. Going to pay it a visit right now :)

      Delete
  6. Great tutorial! How are you liking the PF eyeshadow? I'm thinking about getting a few things from that line.

    http://www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot. It's small (just in case you haven't seen it in person), but it has more than enough shadow. I believe this was the first PH product that I tried. I have since tried their mascara, but I didn't care for it. I might pick up some blush from them soon, I hear good things :) Hope that's helpful.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! That was helpful. If you do pick up more products by PF I would love to read a post about your thoughts on it :)

      Delete
    3. Absolutely, I plan on doing more reviews in general because I like reading other peoples- they are just so helpful.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.