Friday, January 11, 2013

True Blue Spa: 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub

If you saw my December Bath & Body Works Haul, you might recognize this scrub. I've had the True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub with Sugar for almost a month and this week was my first time using it. I wanted to share my opinion with you and let you know if I think it's worth splurging on.


True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub

Let's get the specifics out of the way first. This is a 5 oz scrub and retails for $12, but I picked this product up for free when purchasing other items at B&BW. It has a strong citrus scent and it reminds me of candy. Not exactly the fragrance that I associate with the word 'spa', but it does go well with the fun pink color of the scrub. I like the smell, but I'm sure some people might not care for how strong it is. 


The instructions on the container say to massage the scrub into wet hands for a full minute (hence the 60-second title). It advises to pay special attention to any rough spots on the hands and to be sure to work around the nail beds. After your 60-seconds is up, rinse your hands, and it should "look like they've spent the whole day at the spa." It also suggests applying a lotion or cream to the hands after using the scrub.

I have a tendency to, at times, disregard instructions when it comes to beauty products. Let me explain. If something says to use it for a certain amount of time, I automatically think if I use it longer then I should end up with even better results! So if using a product for 60 seconds will leave my hands feeling like they've been at the spa for a day, then if I double it... do you see where I'm going with this? 

Bath & Body Works Sugar Hand Scrub. I used just a quarter size amount. 

However, I knew that I was going to want to review this product. So for the sake of the review and in the true spirit of the product (it has 60-seconds in the title, come on!), I stuck to 1 minute. After wetting my hands with water, I scooped up a bit of scrub (about a nickle to quarter size amount worth) and began to scrub, without being too aggressive about it. I worked around my cuticles (they've been particularly dry this last week.) Since this is a sugar scrub, I didn't have to worry about any sensitivity or burning like I have in the past with salt scrubs. This was very gentle, and while scrubbing my hands I noticed that the sugar granules disintegrated and the scrub was working into a nice lather. I have to say, it felt really nice scrubbing my hands with this product. 

After rinsing, my hands felt soft and smooth, but I definitely recommend applying lotion as the directions advise. A scrub is designed to sloth off dead layers of skin, allowing softer skin to be the new outer layer. It's a good idea to moisturize after any exfoliating to keep your skin nice and soft. I applied some lotion and decided to spend a minute giving myself a nice hand massage with it.


All done using the scrub. 

I have another hand treatment that I love, but it's a multi-step process that's a bigger time investment. It's not something that I have the time to do every week and definitely not every day. The 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub is a treat for yourself without feeling guilty for being too indulgent with your time. In just over two minutes my hands were feeling soft, smooth, and well hydrated. I think that this is a great product and I really like how fast and convenient it is to use. It's something I'll keep in my bathroom so I'll remember to use it on a regular basis. A 2 minute break from the day to pamper yourself, I think we can all manage that. 

After using the 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub my hands were silky soft and I was ready to paint my nails and finish my manicure and polish my nails. If you haven't already seen my Nail of the Day that I posted on Wednesday, be sure to check it out. 

Have any of you tried the 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub or is there another hand scrub that you like to use? Let me know in the comments :)


2 comments:

  1. lOVE that stuff!!
    http://happinessisblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm getting addicted to using it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.