Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nail of the Day: Sally Hansen Nude Shimmer

I've been seeing a lot of the metallic nail trend lately. If you saw my previous NOTD you know I did a take on this trend with a metallic silver french manicure. This week I was at Target and saw a display for Sally Hansen Lustre Shine polishes; these are metallic polishes with a hint of shimmer. The display at my store was sparse and of the colors remaining, none were ones that I had to have, but it did spark my inspiration for my polish today. 

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Nude Shimmer

I went home and shopped my stash. I thought I had another metallic color ( other than the silver I just used) and sure enough I found one, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Nude Shimmer. I believe they have a new bottle design out for this line, but this color is still available. 


I almost always start off with a base coat to make polish application easier and to protect my nails from staining. I recommend using a base coat, especially if you will be painting your nails with dark colors or ones with red dye. To date, I've never had an issue with my nails becoming discolored when using a base coat. For whatever reason this polish doesn't seem to dry when I use a clear base so, I did have to skip it. Luckily this metallic shade is light so it shouldn't do too much damage. I applied two thin coats of polish and was done. 

I really like this color because it's subtle and feminine, while still keeping in trend. It makes me think of rose gold, well, except for it being silver-pink... if they had a rose gold version for silver. It has super fine shimmer mixed in so it's constantly catching the light. It really is pretty. While it is a metallic, in certain light, it could pass as a shimmery neutral/ nude... that must be where the name comes from.  

Do any of you have metallic color polishes that you love? Let me know in the comments below. 



6 comments:

  1. Super pretty shade!

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now that I have it on, I can't believe I don't wear this more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade :) Metallic nails are something I need to do more often!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are a ton shades out right now. Just about every polish line has metallic's. It's hard not to buy them all.

      Delete
  4. I found you cuz I was also nominated for the liebster award!
    Love this color!

    would you like to follow each other on gfc? xo

    catherinebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your nomination, I just checked out your blog and it looks great!

      I'm following you now on gfc :)

      Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.