Friday, January 25, 2013

Nail of the Day: Essie's Tart Deco

I've been searching for a peachy-coral polish and this week I bought Tart Deco from Essie. What a great find! It's such a great shade and was exactly what I was looking for. As soon as I got home from the store I had to do a quick swatch on my nail (before eventually painting all my nails). My first impression- summer bottled up. It's like a liquid version of a creamsicle. This color dries a tad darker than it appears in the bottle, as you'll see in the picture.


Essie Tart Deco 

This particular Essie polish is thicker than others I own from the brand. It applies a bit streaky if it the coats are thin. I normally apply thin coats so I had to adjust my application with this polish to achieve a nice finish. When applying thicker coats, allow ample time between applying a second coat of color to make sure that your polish has fully dried. Waiting is hard to do, I know, but trust me, it's important. Not waiting will just result in a gooey mess, unless you have a magic trick up your sleeve... in which case, do share! 

I applied two coats of Tart Deco and waited a long time before applying the second coat. Then I waited until the second coat dried completely to apply the top coat. That's right, I used a top coat! When I bought Tart Deco, I picked up a new top coat so I've got to use it. I am liking the extra glossy finish that a top coat adds. Go figure. 

What's your current favorite polish color/ shade?




14 comments:

  1. That's a nice one. It's the type of shade I always pick for my toes when I get my late spring pedicure. I really like it! Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it's not really a January color, but oh well! I think it's a great summer color, I'll have to try it on my toes soon.

      Delete
  2. Great polish, perfect for spring and summer :)

    How did you create your banner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      For the Fairest's Favorite banner at the top it's just typed in. Here's how to edit it in Blogger: go to Template - then click Advanced (on the left column) - select Blog Title - The font I use for my Title/Banner is Syncopate set at 70 px in Black or color #000000.

      If you want to upload a picture instead for your Title/Banner: go to Layout - click Edit under the Header section - there you can upload a picture from your computer or the web and select to have it in place of a text title.

      Hope this is helpful!

      Delete
  3. The colour is gorgeous, perfect for summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to make a great summer polish. I just couldn't wait that long :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful color!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm headed over to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  5. lovely colour :)

    your blog is great, maybe you could check mine out and if you enjoy we could follow each other ?

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just subscribed :) already found some useful posts.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.