Monday, January 7, 2013

Liebster Award

Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Emily's Elusive Thought Bubble and Beauty, Body and Mind for the Liebster Award. I had never heard of this award/ tag, so I checked out Emily's blog to learn more about it. 
What is a Liebster Award?
Bloggers award other up and coming bloggers (with less than 200 followers) with the award.



Instantly, I thought this was a great idea. As a new blogger, I have been focusing much time and energy on my own blog. This year, I want to make it a goal of mine to branch out and discover new blogs. The Liebster Award is a perfect way to get me started with that. 


If you receive the Liebster, you must:

  • Tell 11 things about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger asked you
  • Ask 11 questions to the blogger you will nominate
  • Nominate 11 new bloggers, no tag backs :)
  • Make sure you notify the bloggers you nominate


11 Things:
1. I wear my claddagh ring, always. 
2. I'm a TV/movie/YouTube junkie.
3. I have a really strict diet that I have to follow for heath reasons.
4. I'm dyslexic. If my sentence structure ever seems a bit backwards, that would be why.
5. I love to read; fiction, non fiction, it really doesn't matter. If I have the slightest interest in a subject I must read about it! It'll just take me forever to finish the book (see #4).
6. I love my Rainbow flip flops. I would wear them every day if I could because they're the most comfortable footwear I own. 
7. I'm scared of spiders. 
8. I love stationary and enjoy writing hand written notes.
9. I have some candles that a don't and won't burn. It's strange I know.
10. I have an Acupuncturist that I go to regularly.
11. I love playing Sudoku  


Questions from Emily's Elusive Thought Bubble:
1. What's your favorite song?
This is a tough one... trying to narrow it down to just one. I'm gonna go with All My Lovin' by The Beatles. My mom used to sing it to me when I was little. 

2. Who's your favorite actress?

Natalie Portman. I think she is uber talented, beautiful, and she's smart too!

3. Where would you most want to visit?

ITALY! I've wanted to go for many, many, years. It's just about saving the money, finding a travel partner, and being able to eat all that amazing food again so I could fully enjoy my trip. 

4. What's your favorite type of accent?
You'd think it would be Italian, but it's Australian; it makes me melt. In all honesty though, most accents make me melt. 

5. Who's your favorite actor?

I have a lot of favorite actors for two different reasons: acting merit and eye candy. Since I can only pick one, I'll go with Jason Segel. He's guaranteed to make me laugh. I don't know how he comes up with some of his stuff, but I love him for it. It's just that simple. 

6. If you could be a character in any movie, what character would you play?

Good question! I love movies so it would be awesome to get to play one of your favorite characters, but there's more that goes into a movie than just the person you are playing. I would want to pick a place with a great location too! I'm going to go with Maria from The Sound of Music. It's one of my favorite movies and I'd love to be on location in Austria filming. It would also be wonderful to be a part of a beloved, classic movie. 

7. If you could have any car, what would it be?

I've always loved Corvettes, so while not the most practical, I'd want one :)

8. What's your favorite college?

Florida State University. Go Noles! I went to college there, but graduated from the University of Central Florida (that would be my second favorite college).

9. What characteristic would you most want in a guy?

Honesty. That's really important to me. If I can't trust someone, none of the other characteristics matter. 

10. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks?

Water. I don't drink coffee, I'm not a huge fan of tea, I can no longer drink hot chocolate, or juice, so all that's left is water! Which is fine by me cause I love it! 

11. What's your favorite weather?

Sunny days with a slight breeze. A perfect weather day is one where the sun is shining, but a little cooler so I might even need a light sweater. 


Questions from Beauty, Body and Mind:
1. Do you have a pet?
No, I have in the past though. 

2. What is your dream job?
I don't have a specific job in mind, but my dream job would be one that I love doing and that allows me to optimize my full potential. 

3. Do you have any hobbies besides blogging?
I enjoy reading, drawing, painting, and crafting. 

4. What languages do you speak?
English. I did take Spanish in high school for two years, but I only know a few words and phrases. 

5. What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?
Water :)

6. If you could go somewhere right now, where would you travel?
To see my parents. I wasn't with them for Christmas and although I see my mom every month, I haven't seen my dad since August. I'm really missing him.

7. What is your favorite city?
I was a big fan of Tallahassee, FL and I really enjoyed living there. As far as a place to visit, New York City is fun and there's always something to do and new to discover. I also really like San Francisco for the same reason. I realize I listed more than one. 

8. Who is your favorite band?
I really like Maroon 5 

9. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you like to be?
Okay, so I'm going to start off by saying that this is going to come off as a bit of a cop-out, but I don't know what specific celebrity I'd want to be. However, I'd want to be an actress that I admire and that's currently working on a project. I'd like to see what it's like to do what they do. I'd also be a happy camper if their co-star/ on-screen love interest was one of my celebrity crushes ;)

10. What is your favorite month?
May, I think the weather is great and it's also my birth month, so I'm partial to it. 

11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I would like to be married, with a family, and doing something I love.



Questions for my Nominees:
1. If you could eat only one food for the rest of the year what would it be?

2. What's your favorite makeup brand?
3. If you could change something about yourself what would it be and why?
4. Are you a Morning Person or a Night Owl? 
5. What's one of your guilty pleasures?
6. What actor/actress would you choose to play you in a movie?
7. Do you have any phobias, if so what?
8. What's your favorite scent?
9. What color do you wear the most and why?
10. What's your favorite book?
11. What's your favorite movie?


My Nominees:

My Style Diary
Beauty, Reviews, and Life
All Glammed Up
EmilyAnneStyle
OnMyNailsToday
Beauty & Things
Heroine in Heels
The Best of Everything Beauty
Walk this Way
Forever 81
Opal & Violet 


If you haven't been tagged but want to answer my questions, feel free to answer them in the comments below and include a link to your blog so I can be sure to check it out!

Thanks to Emily's Elusive Thought Bubble and Beauty, Body and Mind for tagging me!

9 comments:

  1. do I have to answer these questions in a blog post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can answer them in a blog post and link the post here in the comments or post your answers directly in the comments.

      Delete
  2. Thankyou ever so much hun for nominating me! I'm so thrilled! I must get searching for 11 new up and coming blogs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I enjoyed looking for new blogs; I found a lot of new ones to follow!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me Nikki! I answered the questions :)

    http://mystylediaryblogspot.blogspot.ie/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice answers x

    beautybodymind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool:D

    Let's follow each other via bloglovin/facebook? Let me know dear, would mean a lot to me:)

    www.fussylife.com
    www.facebook.com/fussylife

    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. AgainI've nominated you for the Liebster Award: if you visit my blog www.candyxcosmetics.blogspot.com, it's the current top post! Hope you can participate and pass it on- its a really good idea!

    Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nomination Catherine of Candy Blossom Cosmetics. I'm going to go ahead and answer your questions here instead of creating another post. I think I'm starting to get addicted to answering questions :)

    1) What makeup product can you not leave the house without?
    Mascara; I think it transforms the face the most. Concealer would be a close second though since my skin can be problematic.

    2) Are you an eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss person?
    Eyeshadow, it's more fun to play with.

    3) What would you do if you won £1 million?
    I would save most of it. If I did buy something, large ticket item, I would want a house.

    4) What's your favorite makeup brand?
    Probably Revlon or Maybelline.

    5) What made you want to start a blog?
    I enjoy reading blogs and doing my research on beauty products and learning how to put on makeup or style an outfit that I wanted to write a blog and contribute.

    6) What's the best makeup/cosmetic product you have ever bought?
    I really love Blinc's Kiss Me Mascara.

    7) What's the most expensive cosmetic you have ever purchased?
    It's probably the same as above, Blinc's Kiss Me Mascara. I own mostly drugstore makeup.

    8) What is your dream job?
    I don't have a specific dream job in my mind but just being able to do something that I love and be able to support myself would be a dream.

    9) What is your daily makeup routine?
    Foundation and/or concealer, blush, eyeshadow (if time permits), mascara, and tinted lip balm.

    10) Have you ever had an embarrassing makeup moment? (For e.g. A fake lash falling off mid sentence...etc!)
    I have, on more than one occasion, left the house after only applying mascara to one eye. It looks strange, I get tons of weird looks, and there's really not much I can do about it as I do not carry mascara with me in my purse.


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.