Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Favorites

Another month has come and gone! I can't believe how fast December has flown by. I have come across several new products that have made it into this months favorites.

Makeup:
Sally Girl Baked Eye Shaddow in Pink Icing, Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig

Sally Girl Baked Eye Shadow in Pink Icing- I have 3 different baked shadows from Sally's that my mom bought for me when she was in town this month. They were each under 99 cents. Pink Icing is my favorite of the 3 colors because it's so versatile, coordinates well with many different shades, and I can also use it as a highlighter on my cheeks to bring a little glow to my face. If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you I recommend checking these shadows out. 

Burt's Bees Lip Simmer in Fig- Last month I was loving Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, and this month I've found another favorite from the brand. This lip shimmer has everything that I like. It's moisturizing, it has great color, and it smells great! It has a minty smell; so minty that people have commented on how good it smells when I'm wearing it! 



Polish:
OPI Dim Sum Plum

OPI Dim Sum Plum- I had this polish on earlier in the month for a NOTD. I had given myself a mani/ pedi. The manicure lasted a week and I was impressed with that, but my pedicure held up much longer, as it usually does. I feel that berry color complemented my skin tone and well, the pinkish purple is such a pretty color.  

Hair:
Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo, Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Creme

Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo- I realize it was on my November Favorites, but I have even more appreciation for it now. I don't think you need to stray from something you love to know you really love it, but that's exactly what happened. Let me explain myself. I ran out of my pink Rockaholic dry shampoo (for Breast Cancer Awareness), and needed to get dry shampoo stat! Since I buy my hair products from the beauty supply house (at a discount from retail), I had to wait until my mom (who's a hair stylist) was in town to pick up more Bed Head dry shampoo. In the mean time, I bought TRESemme' dry shampoo from the drugstore. I didn't know if I would like it as much, but I thought, in a pinch it could work, right? I can always do a review later,so without getting too much into it, I really I disliked this product. I've since stocked up on Bed Head and even sang "reunited and it feels so good!"

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Styling Cream- I've been using this, and this alone, when I finish shampooing my hair. I put about a penny size drop in my hands and work it through my ends. It makes it easier to brush through my hair and leaves it feeling soft and silky. Normally I use two separate products; a de-tangling spray and then a cream on my ends just for brushing my hair out, post shower. I can't say that I'll never use the other products again, because I like those too, but this styling cream has eliminated one product, and I've also noticed that my hair is (air) drying really pretty, in a loose wavy curl when I leave it down to dry. With my hair so long, that really never happens anymore because it's very heavy.  

Fashion:
Fossil Stella Glitz Watch, Mossimo Berry Fly Away Knit Sweater

Fossil Stella Glitz Watch- I know I had this in my Fossil haul a little over a week ago, but I love it oh-so-much! I check the time every 5 minutes just to find a reason to look at it, and smile. 

Mossimo Berry Fly Away Knit Sweater- I've been wearing this sweater every chance I get since I bought it at Target. I wear it out and at home when I'm curled up on the sofa. It's a loose knit, so it's comfortable and cozy without being too hot. I also really love the color. If you've seen my past blogs you will know that I've been on a berry kick. 

Scent:
Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint and Peppermint Mocha

Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint- This cool peppermint candle has helped to get me in the festive spirit. It's been warm here in Florida for most of the month, and this candle has put a little chill in the air without actually dropping the temperature.

Bath & Body Works Peppermint Mocha- I picked this candle up after Twisted Peppermint and hauled it in my B&BW Haul. I love how it makes my place smell like I've been baking holiday treats. It has the right balance of sweetness and warmth. Oh, and it smells like yummy, gooey, goodness. 

Gadgets:
Samsung Galaxy Note II, compared to Samsung Continuum 

Samsung Galaxy Note II- Christmas came early for me thanks to my dad and mom. I got my new phone at the beginning of the month when I was eligible for an upgrade. I've been patiently waiting most of the year for my carrier to offer it. I don't own a tablet so this phone serves as a phone and a small tablet all rolled into one. I love the large screen; it make working on my phone so easy and convenient.

What were some of your favorites this month?

4 comments:

  1. I went to Bath & Body Works today to exchange a candle I was gifted whose scent was not my taste (it was Spice, if you must know. haha.) I eagerly looked for both of these scents featured here, but they were sold out. The closest I came was Cinnamon Frosting which, actually, smelled pretty good to me for a cinnamon candle--like a warm, gooey cinnamon buttery icing on a cinnamon bun--(come to think of it, why didn't I choose that one!?), so I can imagine what Peppermint Mocha smelled like. (Ok, so I just went on their website to confirm the name of the Cinnamon Frosting candle and noticed that I did, in fact, smell the Twisted Peppermint candle, but it was the blue version with the snowman picture and not the white one with the starlight candy you have pictured.) Anyway, the one I selected to exchange for was the delightful Coconut & Cocktails one you got in your haul. It was the very last one they had! Then I made the mistake of letting my toddler hold it and it, along with my hopes of smelling it while taking a relaxing bath, shattered all over the floor. AHHH! So I got Lemon instead because it smelled kind of crisp and clean and is a little different than what I'd normally choose. As it were, I just burned it for a bit and I think it smells sort of like citronella. I'm not sure I like it. Maybe I should send my mom or husband back to the store for me (I can't show my face in there again with a candle exchange after this debacle!) to exchange it for the Cinnamon one... Hmm... hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I smelled Cinnamon Frosting, but that sounds like it would be a good one! I know that they have two different Twisted Peppermints, the blue one with the snow man picture is by Slatkin & Co and the white one with the peppermint picture is by Bath & Body Works. I'm not sure if it smells the same as my store only had the white one.

      If you're not happy I would suggest swapping it out for another one as they have a 100% satisfaction policy. I'm with you though, I would probably send someone else in to do it too just because you've already had quite the experience. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I love Twisted Peppermint and Burts Bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I was using this lip shimmer today and saying to my mom I LOVE Burt's Bees!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.