Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Years Eve Party Look


I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone and now the New Year is less than a week away. How did this year go by so fast? I thought I would have more time to do holiday posts, but I'll be cutting it close. 

I want to show a New Year's Eve Party look in detail without creating one massive post, so I'll be breaking it down into three parts. Today I'll go over the outfit, Friday I'll talk about the the makeup for my look, and Monday (NYE) I'll go over the hair, all in detail. Be sure to check back for those posts to see how to complete the look. Until then, let's talk about the outfit!


While I haven't yet decided for certain what I'll be wearing on NYE, this outfit is the top contender and I'll be basing my party look on it. 

I'm wearing a black strapless dress from Forever21 that cost $34.80. I'm really surprised by the quality of the material because it feels like a more expensive department store dress. Sometimes Forever21's quality surprises me. 



The dress has a sweetheart neckline with black rhinestone detailing. The entire dress has a very fine ruching, which I find to be flattering because it conceals imperfections that I might not want highlighted (as compared to a clinging silky material). I love this for New Year's because it has a bit of glitz and glam. 

I'll admit the one downside to this dress; I have to wear a strapless bra, which I'm not a fan of. It's just for one night though so I guess I can suck it up and deal with it. Additional undergarments: I opted for hose. I know, I know, some people hate them, but I don't mind wearing them. I like L'eggs Silken Mist in Nude because their nude shade is lighter than other brands/ lines and they feel really nice on. Since I'm not sure what the weather will be like on that night, I think it's a good idea to have them on just in case it's a little chilly. Lately the weather's been jumping between hot and cold, so it's better to be prepared. 

Red Trench Coat

On the big night, I'll want to have a jacket with me just in case I get chilled. This red trench coat with me adds a pop of color and a bit of warmth for a cool Florida night. 

Nine West Black Heels, Black and White Purse

I've opted to carry my small black and white purse. It will fit the essentials: keys, ID, debit card, cash, lip gloss, and cell phone (which will double as my camera). The strap folds up, so I can decide at the last minute to choose to wear it as a clutch. I'm wearing my black pointy toe heels from Nine West. These are surprisingly comfortable, easy to walk in, and great for a night out, especially one where I'll be out past the midnight hour!  


Black Beaded Earrings

For jewelry, I've opted for black beaded earring that I think complement the dress nicely without being overly matchy-matchy. I didn't wan to over do it, so I decided not to wear a necklace. I think that the rhinestone detailing at the neckline is enough. 

As I said before, this will probably be what I actually wear on NYE. It's different than what I normally would wear, a little more adventurous, which makes it fun for ringing in 2013! What will you be wearing to welcome in the New Year?


2 comments:

  1. I really like that dress. Looking forward to the next parts of "the look."

    I don't know what I'll be wearing since I'll be staying in on NYE (what with the 2 kids under 5 thing...) But I was contemplating wearing a fancy dress anyway just for fun. I bought a pink one with a ruffle around the neck for 2 weddings late summer/early fall of 2010. I tried on many, many dresses for that occasion. Then I got pregnant and was too big to wear it by the September weddings. Now, actually, since I've lost 35 pounds, I think it may be too big. But I've been thinking about trying it on and possibly wearing that on NYE just so I can say I actually eventually wore it. But I'll be way overdressed for a stay at home. haha. I may end up in jeans or cords and a sweater (more likely). Ah well. We'll see. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've had it in my closet for a while and I've been wanting to wear it.

    I think getting dressed up, even if you are staying home, would be fun! You wouldn't have to worry about your feet hurting if you are wearing impractical shoes. You could even make fancy finger foods for the night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.