Monday, December 17, 2012

Bath & Body Works Haul!


I had just been to Bath & Body Works a little over a week ago to pick up some bath products for Christmas gifts. I had a coupon for a free item so I got myself a Twisted Peppermint candle, thinking that this would be the last of the candle shopping that I would be doing for a while. With my purchase, I received a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more. I figured that I'd hold onto it just in case I needed to pick up another gift.

Then, I got an email this past Friday from B&BW: All 3-Wick Candles $8 - In Stores Today Only! The regular price for their 3-Wick (14.5 oz) candles is $20 a piece, but often go on sale at 2 for $22 or 2 for $20. I knew that I'd be making a trip into the store before the day was done. By 5 PM, when I arrived, there were barely any candles left on the shelves and display tables. You would have thought they were giving the candles away! Lucky for me, I was able to find the scents I wanted and walked out a very happy camper.

I bought 4 of the 3-Wick candles in Peppermint Mocha, Frosted Cranberry, Caribbean Escape- Cocktails & Coconuts, and Coconut Lime Verbena. 

Bath & Body Works Peppermint Mocha, Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint

I knew that Peppermint Mocha was one that I'd want because the last time I had gone back and forth between it and Twisted Peppermint. While both have peppermint in the name, they really smell completely different, and I'm so happy to now have them both. Twisted Peppermint is described as a "blend of spearmint and mandarin, layered with iced peppermint, vanilla extract, and sugar musk." Peppermint Mocha "blends peppermint, vanilla cream and cocoa topped with marshmallow." If I'm to describe them, Twisted Peppermint is minty with a cool feeling and Peppermint Mocha is warm and gooey and you just want to devour it (so, you might want to avoid this candle if you're on a diet).

Slatkin & Co Frosted Cranberry

Frosted Cranberry is a sent that I wouldn't have thought I'd like because I dislike cranberries. This scent is described as a "fragrant blend of pink currant, vanilla, and red apple." It has a fruity floral scent that reminds me a bit of the Farmstand Apple that I love so much (from my November Favorites). One thing I don't understand about this candle is the label art. What does a mail box have to do with cranberries?

Bath & Body Works Caribbean Escape Cocktails & Coconuts

Caribbean Escape- Cocktails & Coconut is one that I had never seen before. They had several different candles with destination themes: London Callings, Paris Daydream, New York, New York, Meet Me In Tahiti, and Moroccan Market (I didn't see this one in my store but it's online). Each of these had a decorative sticker on the top lid which was really cute. Caribbean Escape is described as a "blend of coconut milk, raw sugarcane, and sweet casaba". I love the smell of coconut and this candle smells sweet and tropical, and it transports me to a different place. This is one that I will be saving to burn until after the new year. 

Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena 

Another one that I'll hold off on burning for a little while is Coconut Lime Verbena which is "an inviting island blend of zesty lime and tart lemon verbena with sheer coconut." This candle was not intended to be part of the sale, but it was accidentally put on the sales floor by the manager. When she realized her mistake she collected all but the one I had picked up for purchase. She was very kind and honored the sale price on my candle. I was very happy because I love this scent.

While the candles were on sale for $8, I had also had that coupon from my last visit for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more. I ended up spending $5.50 for each of the 4 candles! I'm very impressed with my shopping skills. 

I had another coupon for one free item when you spent $10, so I picked up some gifts for my dad and again ended up getting a free item for myself (I'm only human). They were also having a sale of Buy 2 get 1 Free for their (non-signature) body collection. Since my mom was with me, she made the purchase for me of those other items I wanted. My dad is on his feet all day at work and one of his chief complaints is how much his feet hurt after those long days. B&BW has just the products for that!

True Blue Spa Cracked Heel Treatment

I selected True Blue Spa Cracked Heel Treatment with glycolic acid and shea butter. It claims the glycolic acid will "whisk" away dead skin and treat seriously damaged heals. This product received great reviews online and I'm hopeful that my dad will experience great results too. If not, B&BW has a great return policy, 'Love it or bring it back.' I opted for the larger size because it's just $5 more than the smaller container, but has more than twice the amount of product (just in case anyone is interested). 

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Foot Tingling Foot Cream

I also bought him C.O. Bigelow Mentha Foot- Tingling Foot Cream. This is designed for tired, abused feet, which my dad has both. It has cooling peppermint that helps to provide an invigorating feeling. He currently uses a similar product, but that fragrance doesn't smell nearly as nice as this one. 

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Body Vitamin Body Lotion

Because it was buy 2 get 1 free, I picked up a C.O. Bigelow Mentha Body- Vitamin Body Lotion. Hopefully he'll like all of these products. He never buys this sort of thing for himself, partly because he wouldn't know where to go or what to choose. I know that I like getting body products because it's an upgraded version of something that I generally have to buy for myself. I may go back and get one for myself because I love the way it smells. It, like the last item, has the cooling peppermint, which would be great for me to use when I need my mind to be alert.

True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub

My second free item (from using the coupon) was True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub. This smells and looks so tasty! It has a citrus candy smell. I debated over this one, but since it would be free I thought why not give it a shot? This is another product that has received tons of rave reviews online. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it. 

What are some of your favorite items or scents from B&BW?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.