Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What's In My Bag?

I'm a big fan of the 'What's In My Bag?' tag. I love reading people's posts or watching their videos exposing what's in their bag. I'm just curious to know what other people carry around with them and these posts make it super convenient (and legal) to snoop.


For those of you out there who have that same curiosity, here's a little insight into my life via my bag.


I'm currently carrying my red Kate Spade purse. My wallet is a Coach Skinny ID Wristlet. This is a newer purchase and I love it! I used to carry around a large wallet, but it took up so much valuable space and because I kept a bunch of stuff in it, it weighed my purse down. I made the switch to a thin wallet to hold all my essentials (ID, debit card, credit card, library card, and a little cash). If I'm just going around the corner I can take this an leave the purse behind. I downloaded the Key Ring App for my phone which is awesome because as long as I have my phone with me I have all my rewards cards too.

I have a pair of black Steve Madden sunglasses. When the glasses aren't on my face, I store them in a soft zip case that will protect them from scratches (but not from getting squashed). I like these cases because they're light weight and don't take up a lot of additional room in my bag.

I also keep a wristlet in my purse to hold all of my smaller items. This helps keep my purse more organized (I don't need everything floating around in my bag) and makes changing purses a breeze. I'm currently using my Coach plaid wristlet. 

So, now to break down what I keep in my wristlet: hand sanitizer, nail file, mirror, a hair tie, a bobby pin, a mini clip, Ibuprofen, my 'day of the week' pill case, a pack of salt (seriously), concealer (Neutrogena 3-in-1), 4 glosses (ELF cherry tart, ELF baby lips, NYC chinatown cherry, and Estee Lauder go pout), 2 lip balms (Burt's Bees red dahlia and Mary Kay vanilla), and 1 lipstick (Estee Lauder pinkberry). Yes, that's 7 lip products, just in case you were keeping count. A bit excessive, I will admit, but I've actually taken a few out recently. This made me think of a Jenna Marbles video on 'Goo Hoarding' (there's strong language in her video- you've been warned).

Rounding out my purse is a pen that has a flashlight (how cool!), inhaler, cell phone, keys, water, and something to munch on for those times when a sudden snack attack hits.

Now can you see why it was critical for me to make the switch to a smaller wallet? 

What are some of your essentials that you carry in your bag? Let me know in the comments below. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading "What's in my bag?" posts! Actually any type of post where you get to peek into some else's life and what products they use is really fun. Maybe that sounds creepy, I don't mean it like that at all.
    Thank you for the kind comments on my blog :)
    I love how many lip products you always have with you. I can totally relate. I love lip glosses and I am always looking for more haha.

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy at all- I completely understand! I love them too.
      Since this post I've actually added a few more lip products to my wristlet without having removing any... it's getting out of control- Ha!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.