Friday, November 30, 2012

November Favorites

I want to share with you my favorite items of the past month. With a blog titled Fairest's Favorites it only makes sense that I talk about my favorite items right? You can expect to see a rundown of my favorite beauty and fashion items each month. I may even throw in a few extra favorites of the moment, in miscellaneous categories, just for fun. 

Makeup:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige, Physicians Formula Nude Shimmer Strips Palette, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. 

  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige- This has been a favorite of mine since I was able to get my hands on it a couple months ago. I use it several times a week and I just love how much it brightens up my eyes. Since I'm suffering from allergies right now, I haven't had to worry about wearing powdered shadow that could potentially irritate my eyes even more. I just swiped this on and it stayed put no matter how much I end up rubbing my eyes.
  • Physicians Formula Nude Shimmer Strips Nude Pallet- I've been reaching for this just just about every day that I've applied eye shadow. All the colors I want to use are in one spot and I don't have to think too hard about creating a nice, neutral eye look. 
  • Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia- I mentioned this in my Oxblood post. I've been so addicted to it this month because not only is it moisturizing, which is great, but it also gives my lips a little color pick me up.

Hair:
Redken Body Full Shampoo, Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
  • Redken Body Full Shampoo- I have very long hair and it tends to be weighty, so I can't really attest to if this shampoo works as a volumizer, but I do feel like it gives it a bit more body. The reason I started using this shampoo was because my scalp gets oily long before the rest of my hair needs shampooing and Body Full came recommended to me by my hair stylist (who happens to also be my mom). It seems to have helped to keep my hair from getting oily too quickly and it doesn't leave my ends dry. 
  • Bed Head Rockaholic Pink Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo- What a name! I don't like to shampoo my hair every day so I can promote hair health and keep it from drying out. I rely on dry shampoo to help me through the tough times, and I like this one. I do want to note that this dry shampoo sprays on white. While this may be a drawback for some, I don't mind it. It helps me to see where I'm applying it and once I work it in, you don't see it anymore. 


Fashion:
Cello Skinny Jeans, Lavender socks
  • Cello Skinny Jeans- I bought these at Ross and I believe I paid under $15 for them. I really wanted an extra pair of pants that actually fit me and the price was right. These have turned out to be my favorite pair of jeans. All my other  pairs have been becoming supper baggy right away and I spend way too much time pulling them up. Not the cutest move. These fit the whole day through; it's such a nice change. If I ever came across them again I will definitely pick up another pair... or two!
  • Fluffy Socks- It's been cooler lately and my feet are the first to freeze. Soft fluffy socks have been my go to. Are they fashionable? Maybe not. Do they keep my feet warm at home? Absolutely!

Scent:
Slatkin & Co candle in Farmstand Apple, Bath & Body Works Fragrance Mist in Dreamy Vanilla Woods
  • Slatkin & Co. Farmstand Apple- This scented candle is described on the label as having notes of McIntosh apple, pear, blossom, and oak. It smells like fresh apples with a touch of floral scent. I love the Slatkin & Co. candles at Bath & Body Works; they are so fragrant and the scent fills the whole apartment. I buy them when they're having the 2 for $20 sale on their 3-wick candles (14.5 oz).
  • Bath & Body Works Dreamy Vanilla Woods Fragrance Mist- Vanilla is one of my favorite scents. This one has the vanilla scent I love plus some added depth. There are notes of vanilla, white orchid, fruit scents, and sandalwood. I've used this almost every day this month or in combination with another scent by layering it.

Drink:
  • Water with Lemon- I bought a big bag of lemons at Aldi supermarket. Not only were they very reasonably priced, but they were big and really fresh. I drink only water and having lemon in it is a special treat. If you've never shopped at an Aldi (and you have one near you), I recommend you check it out and see what it has to offer. Just don't forget to bring your own shopping bags.

Song:
  • Maroon 5- One More Night- So I cross my heart, and I hope to die, that I'll only sing it one more time. And I know I said it a million times. But I'll only sing it one more time! Come on who am I kidding? I'm addicted to this song. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.