Monday, November 26, 2012

Jewelry Haul

I have a weakness for jewelry. There's something about shinny things that I can't resist. 

I've recently picked up a few new pieces of jewelry from Target, Forever21, and Kohl's and wanted to do a collective jewelry haul. 

Clockwise from top Left: Target earrings; $3.98, Lauren Conrad necklace from Kohl's; $28.00, Forever21 black and white earrings; $4.80, Forever21 blue and silver earrings; $5.80. 

The earrings from Target are silver chain and shell disc dangles. They were originally $7.99, but I purchased them on clearance for $3.98. I have other shell earrings that I really like, but since these are so different from the ones I already own, I felt like I could make room for them in my collection. 

Forever21 is usually a hit or miss for me, but this visit fell somewhere in between. I found several clothing items that I wanted but nothing was available in my size. As for the jewelry, most of the things I liked were either broken or missing parts. It felt like an accomplishment to find these two perfect pairs of earrings and my reward was I got to pay for them. Yes!

The first pair is gold with 3 tiers of opal white and black enamel. They remind me a little of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry. Although they are really nice and look like a much nicer quality than $4.80, they are on the heavier side. I'm not so sure I'll be able to wear them all day long.

The second pair I bought from Forever21 was $5.80. I was happy to find this pair because I've seen similar style earring in the past that cost more. These earrings look like the would be very heavy, but they're actually surprisingly light. I also really like the color combination of the icy blue stones against the silver. 

My last purchase is from Kohl's Lauren Conrad collection. This silver necklace can be worn long, double, or even tripled up. The crystals add a bit of shimmer and interest, but it's the clasp on this necklace that really stands out and it makes the necklace look and feel like a higher quality piece. This necklace was originally $28.00, but after the sale price and using my $10 Kohl's cash it ended up costing less than $2.00. What a deal!

In total, I spent $16 for three pairs of earrings and one necklace. That's not a bad haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.